alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Bevel siding jig  (Read 5285 times)

Offline woody

• Contributor
Bevel siding jig
« on: October 29, 2020, 06:46:32 PM »
I have a guy interested in my siding jig but neither of us have a clue to it's value.
I just don't see me using it and it was part of the "package" when I got my used mill. I'm just looking for a fair to both of us price.
I'm not sure, but my mill is a TimberKing and I'm guessing that the jig is as well. It's a little weathered but all the parts move and work.
TK B-20 and learning.

Offline woody

• Contributor
Re: Bevel siding jig
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2020, 06:54:29 PM »
I'm a little "slow" with the picture resizing thing. I'm clicking dragging and anything else that seems appropriate, even holding my mouth just right ;D Just cant seem to do it 2 times in a row.
TK B-20 and learning.

Offline woody

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 06:55:55 PM »
Well whatdoya know!
TK B-20 and learning.

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
  • Trying to learn/remember something new every day.
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2020, 09:10:26 AM »
Brand new one from Woodmizer is $1,300.  Just for something to go on.  Everybody needs a starting point.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Offline woody

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2020, 06:46:15 PM »
The only thing I might want to try with it is making shingles. I'm not really sure how it's done (but I have seen a picture :laugh:)
TK B-20 and learning.

Offline furu

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2020, 02:17:10 AM »
That would have come in real handy 3 years ago when I was cutting beveled siding.  It would not have done the dado cutout but the bevel would have been much easier.  I did it with shims under the cant and shifting before each cut.

If I had it as you do I would hang on to it for the future.  Now if you want the money from it and know you will never have a use, then sell it.

Integrity is not just doing the right thing.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing when no one is looking.
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one else will ever even know.

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
  • Trying to learn/remember something new every day.
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2020, 08:27:33 AM »
Nice.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Offline woody

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2020, 10:23:47 AM »
Furu I saw that post of yours (very nice) when searching about the siding jig. We have a large local pine mill that will sell directly to locals (they are 100% exporters and trailer loads only), I can buy 1x shiplap planed 1 side for under $450/1000bd/ft. That is an "industrial" grade with knots but kinda hard to beat.
I use it for sheds and a camp buildings, I like the added strength (thickness), but I do have to put blocking in the walls, I can't see running it horizontally.
TK B-20 and learning.