alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Oregon Logger brand skidder  (Read 9216 times)

Offline iwawoodwork

• New Contributor
Oregon Logger brand skidder
« on: October 29, 2020, 11:59:48 PM »
Anyone heard of a rubber tired skidded brand "Oregon Logger" ? I had not until I saw one advertised on craigslist, contacted, drove to site, operated it and purchased the skidder about 2 weeks ago. Its not home yet as I am tuning up my 24000lb goose neck trailer to give the skidder a ride home. Previous owner said he thought weight bout 12-14 m but I think heavier.  Has  3 cyl Detroit, yes noisy, auto trans, hyd winch. near new tires 18x 25 or 26. new paint, but it has been welded on and fish plated in spots. articulates and oscillates at the center.  Reminds me of about the size of a Clark 666 that I operated in the early 1970 's  no photos yet. The previous owner said the information he could get was that it was constructed around the Salem, Oregon area and very few built.   I bought it for personal use on our own properties as I still have good doug fir on the ground from the big snow about 2 yrs ago need to get it off the hill and down near the mjll (Mighty Mite band mill) that I am trying to learn to make square lumber on.

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
  • Trying to learn/remember something new every day.
Re: Oregon Logger brand skidder
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2020, 09:08:11 AM »
Never heard of one.  Hopefully she serves you well.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Offline iwawoodwork

• New Contributor
Re: Oregon Logger brand skidder
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2020, 11:24:06 PM »
Ox   Sure hope so, I have enough broken projects, am in the process of trying to sell several including a early 1960's Franklin 170 with a stuck (water dn exhaust)4-53. D7 3t with the left track drive stuck form sitting, a white back hoe/loader with a spun bearing in the diesel (main or rod?). Just getting to old to mess with so hopefully the Oregon Logger will not join the others.