alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: You just can't make this stuff up if you tried  (Read 5676 times)

Offline furu

• Senior Contributor
You just can't make this stuff up if you tried
« on: December 05, 2020, 02:41:35 AM »
You could not make this up if you were trying to write a comedic sketch for Saturday Night Live.
Thank the good Lord that I do not live in that purgatory.  Mine is bad enough but that place takes the cake.

Just heard on the news that LA's Mayor made a new proclamation.

Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti issued an order for residents to stay at home, warning that the city is approaching a “devastating tipping point” in its fight against COVID-19 that would overwhelm the hospital system.

Walking, driving, travel on public transport, bikes, motorcycles and scooters are prohibited, other than for those undertaking essential activities.

There are several exemptions, including for faith-based outdoor services and the homeless. Others that can continue to operate include supermarkets, grocery stores and health-care operations, but that doesn’t cover gyms and similar facilities. Still, activities such as golf, tennis and pickleball are permitted, according to the order

Really - Pickle ball is allowed as well as golf and tennis but I can't go walk my dog, or go for a walk in the woods.  These people are literally insane.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing when no one is looking.
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one else will ever even know.

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
  • Trying to learn/remember something new every day.
Re: You just can't make this stuff up if you tried
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2020, 06:56:05 AM »
Your last line smacks of truth.  Their demons are so overwhelming that they're fighting for control and makes a person insane.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools