alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Keener built sawmill help!  (Read 4730 times)

Offline Tfkostecki

• New Contributor
Keener built sawmill help!
« on: June 18, 2021, 07:51:03 PM »
Just bought a sawmill for the first time and it's a keener built sawmill.  I need a few replacement parts but the company is shut down. Does anyone have a parts list and or a manual? Thanks in advance for any help.

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
Re: Keener built sawmill help!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2021, 07:09:44 AM »
I doubt the parts you need are exclusive to a particular mill.  Nearly every mill is 'component built", meaning a lot of off the shelf items. like bearings, and band wheels...and anything else you need that is proprietary, meaning for that mill only, would have to be fabricated or repaired. A local machine shop or welding shop can probably handle that.
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

If anyone has any issues, I can be reached at the number above, anytime.

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
  • Trying to learn/remember something new every day.
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2021, 07:46:17 AM »
What exactly is it you're needing?  We might be able to come up with a viable alternative solution for you.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Offline Tfkostecki

• New Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2021, 12:40:45 PM »
I'm needing to know what kind of bearings and or blade guides are used on it.

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
  • Trying to learn/remember something new every day.
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2021, 08:44:48 AM »
Bearings are bearings.  Get you a nice caliper for measuring and find out the dimensions (OD, ID, width), then do an internet search and somebody somewhere will have them.

Sawmills are pretty simple machines overall and you'll find most parts can be found rather easily and the other stuff can be made from other things or fabricated.  However, just because they're simple doesn't mean they don't need to be closely adjusted to get good results.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools