alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: New Member  (Read 4335 times)

Offline nalabama

• New Contributor
« on: June 21, 2021, 03:42:14 PM »
nalabama here, glad to find this site.  I’m not an owner of any sort of saw mill (although I would love to be).  I do cut all kinds of grass, weeds, brush, vines, trees, etc., so I own mowers, pruners, loppers, gas hedge trimmer, brush cutter, stick chainsaw, and chainsaws of various displacement.  I like cleaning up overgrown cemeteries, and clearing trails and removing diseased trees on my spouse’s family’s timber farm.

I am a former member of the Forestry Forum but was met with so much attitude while attempting to reactivate my account that I decided a change was in order.  I hope you will accept me and my ways here and I look forward to gaining any knowledge you may offer up.  Eventually I’ll get a profile up, but I can tell you I’m old (70s) and live in north Alabama.

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2021, 04:55:51 PM »
Welcome aboard and welcome to the club of numerous former FF members who had the same or worse experience! 

70's is not old! 

Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
  • Trying to learn/remember something new every day.
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2021, 07:45:03 AM »
Hello there and welcome!  You're in good company - lots of Forestry Forum ex-pats here.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Offline furu

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2021, 01:44:15 AM »
70 is not old,
70 is not old.

I am now saying that 90 is old but on another 5 years I suspect that may shift a bit as well.  Welcome to a group that will allow you to be yourself.  it is a bit slow but we can make it what we want.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing when no one is looking.
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one else will ever even know.