alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Aproaching a milestone...............for me :)  (Read 7589 times)

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
Aproaching a milestone...............for me :)
« on: May 23, 2008, 09:20:44 PM »
I got rained out today from sawing so I cought up on some bookkeeping and blade sharpening.  After reviewing the books and tallying up what I have cut for the year I went backwards to see what I have cut in BF to date.  My first year was sloppy record keeping but even not counting an estimated 50K BF I have now comfortably hit the 750,000 BF mark. 

I never dreamed in a million years that I would hit that yet here I sit having done so.

Largest single cutting job: 17,000 BF of Cherry
Hardest single cutting job: 10,000 BF of Heart Pine resawing - That stuff is hard on blades
Most productive day of sawing: 3200 BF of Western Red Cedar
Most profitable Timber sawn: Osage Orange............BY FAR!
Furthest mobile job from home: Little Rock Arkansas (700 Miles)

Looking back on all the options and upgrades I have done to my LT40 I think I can say in order of preference the following upgrades were worth their weight in gold.

1. Auto Clutch
2. Accuset
3. Auto Clutch
4. CBN Sharpening upgrade
5. Auto Clutch
6. Debarker
7. Auto Clutch

I wish I would have had the auto clutch from the get-go.  I have yet to have a day of sawing with it that made my arm sore.  ;D

WM, thanks for making dreams come true! 
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 09:31:06 PM by KEA »
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline Frank Pender - AKA "Tail Gunner"

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
    • www.TanglewoodTimber@aol.com
Re: Aproaching a milestone...............for me :)
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 09:03:16 AM »
Geeeeee, I thought you were going to tell us all you turning 50 years of age. 

Back to the topic.  I have no idea how many thousand board feet of lumber I have sawed.  I have never really kept track much of any of the amount of material I have moved through here.  Perhaps better not knowing.

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 09:15:18 AM »
I can say that my production here more than quadrupled when I got the forklift.  Looking back I cant imagine how I moved all those log and ever got anything done. 
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline Buzz Sawyer

• Global Moderator
  • Old Timers Club
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 08:58:31 PM »
Sounds good Kirk....I know I am about 100 feet closer today than I was yesterday ;D ;D