alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: So how much higher will it go?  (Read 9992 times)

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
So how much higher will it go?
« on: June 20, 2008, 08:11:27 PM »
The pressure of fuel prices are really hurting me....we are still busy in construction, but not only is diesel high, but steel and other materials are killing us. The only thing that isn't out of site is wood, and it will go up as fuel rises.

Took $202 to fill up my truck today (1 ton Duramax) and I calculated my mileage...14.25 mpg. Diesel here is $4.79.9
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

If anyone has any issues, I can be reached at the number above, anytime.

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
Re: So how much higher will it go?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 08:08:34 AM »
It appears that right now with all the talk of FINALLY drilling off our own shores (like the Chinese and Cubans are doing) the prices at the pump seem to have stabalized and in fact Deisal came down about a nickel in town to a whopping $4.65 a gallon. 

Pelosi blocked the bill to lift the moratoriam on drilling so it will be interesting to see what happens. 
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline Frank Pender - AKA "Tail Gunner"

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
    • www.TanglewoodTimber@aol.com
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 09:23:31 AM »
I kjust had off road delovered last week for $4.22 as gallon.  $1,960 worth.

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 04:50:34 PM »
Local resteraunts are now selling the greese instead of giving it away like the used to.  Not sure what they are asking but a local who makes his own biodiesal got pinched today for what was free to him for the last two years. 

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 06:09:15 PM »
I am seriously thinking about something like a Lister or maybe a single cylinder Duetz diesel, and playing with the idea of seeing just what kind of waste oil can be burned. My grandfather and great gradfather ran John Deere "all fuel" tractors, and burned a grade of fuel called distelate, something maybe a notch higher then kerosene.....and sometimes, they burned straight fuel oil in the old D John Deeres....that is one of the reasons for the water injection valve into the intake.....

So anyway, if the Democrats keep blocking the expansion of our domestic drilling in favor of taxing us to lower prices (figure that one out), then things are going to get interesting.
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

Offline Stevem

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 01:13:14 AM »
I live just off a highway to a major recreation area, lakes, camping, etc and I still see the large boats, RV's, motor homes and camp trailers on their way to and fro.   We haven't hit the limit yet if people can spend $4+/gallon just to get some where to have fun. 
When it's too much, we as a nation will quit buying fuel and the price will go down. 

After Katrina when the gas went to $3 and nothing was said or done I knew they'ed test $4 and they have. 

I did read on Fox news that the real estate market has been effected in that people are looking for new homes closer to work. 

I see where GM is going to make fewer cars and charge more.  How does that work? 

I just upped my sawing price because of gas prices.  Maybe I should saw fewer boards too.   That would reduce expenses.  

Stevem
Because you can doesn't mean you should!

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008, 08:11:53 AM »
Taxing us to lower prices, now that is an interesting thiught.

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2008, 08:33:45 AM »
They reported on the hill today that demand has dropped by over 3% yet the prices at the pump have not moved at all.  This is contrary to all the crap they have been spewing about the cause being the high demand.  Lower the demand and the price will come down.  Hawgwash!

Castrate the speculators, eliminate the environmental whackos and start implementing the use of our own resources and then you will see the price come down. 

It realy chapped my back side to see Russia is now upgrading all their nuclear missles since they can afford it. Where do they get that money?  Over 10 Billion, according to the report, comes from us every month for buying crude.  If that is the case its just another example of how we empower our enemy without fireing a shot. 

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 12:42:10 PM »
Two days ago on road diesel was going for $4.72.9 a gallon at Safeway.  Last evening it was $4.76.9.  The two major power suppliers in the Pacific Northwest (PP&L and PGE) are planning on raising their fees by 8.9% this Fall.  If that happens, I will have to raise my drying fee by the same amount to be even.  I get $.60 a board foot now and the increase would be 0.0534.  JUst at $.65 a board foot.  Will I lose customers? I am not sure.  I do know that I will not raise any fee amount to those I have already made price promise, even if I do have some loss.  A promise is a promise.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 10:43:56 AM by Frank Pender »

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2008, 09:32:45 AM »
T Boone Pickens is saying he sees oil reaching $200 a barrel soon, and over $6 for gasoline....wow!
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2008, 03:57:27 PM »
Demand dropped another 5% this week, oil dropped below the $130 mark and not a single drop at the pumps.  Another example of the double talk regarding supply and demand. 

:( :(

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2008, 05:24:15 PM »
I was just through town and saw that Safeway was at $4.88+  For diesel.