alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Whats your thought?  (Read 6755 times)

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
Whats your thought?
« on: June 24, 2008, 09:29:03 AM »
I know political discussions can get rather heated, and sometimes rightfully so, but I was wondering what everyone thought about Barrock Obomas manipulation of the Presidential Seal?

Personaly, its a disgrace to every veterean in this country.  That seal is used by the Commander in Chief and for anyone to take it and put their own name on it is wrong in my opinion.  It borders on inpersonation.  Sure, everyone knows he is not the president but I think he went over the top on this one. 

I can only assume his own advicers concurred that it was a bad idea after reading this in the news this morning.

Barack Obama’s much-mocked Presidential Seal won’t be seen again, according to campaign staffers. The modified Great Seal of the United States of America — featuting the familiar eagle modified with the Obama logo and the US Motto “E Pluribus Unum” changed to a rough Latin translation of Obama’s slogan “Yes We Can,” debuted at a meeting of Democratic Governors last week.

At the time, staffers indicated that it might be used again at similar presidential-style events. But today, after it was roundly ridiculed as more a symbol of the campaign’s arrogance than the campaign itself, staffers said the seal has seen it’s last podium.

“This was a one time thing designed for a one time use at the Governors meeting,” said one traveling press aide, who also asked “is this really worth of this much attention?”

Now what is so disturbing with this is the comment from the traveling press aid.  Obamas own staffers indicated it might be used again at similar presidential-style events yet the stupid press change the truth and give him a pass by stating it was a one time thing.  That is a lie.  Nothing more! 
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline Stevem

• Old Timers Club
Re: Whats your thought?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 01:37:55 AM »
The one about Obama that frosts me is he won't salute the flag because of what people in other countries and a few knot heads here think.  I spent 25 years signed up to defend that flag against all threats, foriegn and domestic. Don't even have to go to the lying.  That he's gotten this far in the political process toward President is an indictment against "we the people" and what they (we?) will allow.  Clinton was a liar,  panderer, didn't know how to salute and got re-elected. We damn near had a chance of getting his wife. 

Bush knows how to salute and has ethics and is damned by the press. 

But what's your choice?  The lesser ...? 

They won't let you secede from the union.

Personally I'm going to stock up on ammunition, canned goods and make sure my kids know how to use a weapon.  Might even try wood heat again.
Stevem
Because you can doesn't mean you should!

Offline Frank Pender - AKA "Tail Gunner"

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
    • www.TanglewoodTimber@aol.com
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 08:06:42 AM »
As to your last sentence, Steve, I asm already there.

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 08:28:57 AM »
Right on Steve!  Several of us have been talking about the "NEED" to stock up on supplies!  The time is coming. 
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline mike p

• Senior Contributor
  • adicted to the aroma of oak
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 06:13:00 PM »
yes sir over stock on ammo & canned food both home & store
someday 44mag shells might be the currency ,at least it can be traded or used for food
we are working to make our farm selfsuffenct
Eagle's Nest Tree farm & Sawmill
BSA Scoutmaster Retired
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from
 too much government.
   Thomas Jefferson 1802
 No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.

Thomas Jefferson