alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: New, Old MD mill  (Read 8147 times)

Offline Frank Pender - AKA "Tail Gunner"

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
    • www.TanglewoodTimber@aol.com
New, Old MD mill
« on: July 18, 2008, 09:08:11 PM »
I just picked up the first of the parts for another mill, today, the motor.  The mill is a gift from a young man whose grandfather ran the mill, several years ago.

The mill is from amongist the first vintages of MD mills.  I have not been able to find the id or model number, as it is on the actual carrage unit iself, which is still out in the bush.  I will get the remainder next week.  The track is set up for 30' logs, it looks like.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
Re: New, Old MD mill
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 07:32:49 PM »
OK Frank, we need to talk! 
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 10:23:29 PM »
What do you mean, "talk"? ;D Listen, "my friend", you too need to tramp more often through the woods and see more than the forest.

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 03:15:55 PM »
I brought the track home this morning.  It will take many dollars and some time to get it all running again. :'( :'( :'(

I called the factory and had all the past history transfered to my file.  The mill was purchased in 1968.  I have a listing of all the parts and repairs that were even done.  For some reason the price of the unit was not listed, but Dawn said she would research that for me, as well.  Forty years old.  That is almost as old as Kirt (KEA) :D :D :D ;D
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 06:49:03 AM by Frank Pender »

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 09:05:42 PM »
I decided to share the mill with a friend of mine.  I offered him the mill with his paying half of the renewing and I the other half.  He can use the mill until he is ready to give it back to me.  I believe he is taking me up on the offer.  We will first see what the MD folks at the factory have to say about the costs of putting the machine back into tip top condition.  The costs will be far less than even a good used mill of the same vintage. I am sure.  We will see, in a week or three. ;D