alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: need help with fixing a preasure washer  (Read 6878 times)

Offline ESCANABAJOSH

• Major Contributor
need help with fixing a preasure washer
« on: July 26, 2008, 06:26:36 PM »
hey fellas i can realy use some help withthis one.

i got a guy whos gunna sell me a 500 dollar preasure washer for 200 but it leaks by the pump, it still comes outta the wand but leaks by the pump........anyone know if its a "O" ring or the pump? i think its the gasket.

Offline Frank Pender - AKA "Tail Gunner"

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
    • www.TanglewoodTimber@aol.com
Re: need help with fixing a preasure washer
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 07:37:33 PM »
What make is the unit, Josh?  From the sounds of it, you may well be dealing with as gasget, unless the leak is near a fitting and then your o ring idea sounds reasonable.

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 08:23:23 PM »
Tuff to realy know.  It could be a crack in the pump housing but that should show up as low pressure coming out of the wand.

I would suppose that if the wand still has pressure its probably just a gasket or oring that needs replaced. 
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline ESCANABAJOSH

• Major Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 08:38:40 AM »
its made by excell, thanks for the help i think i'm gunna buy it and see what happens with the gasket or "o" ring.