alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: working on moms house  (Read 7834 times)

Offline mike p

• Senior Contributor
  • adicted to the aroma of oak
working on moms house
« on: July 31, 2008, 10:13:23 PM »
im leaving in morning to do some more repairs to moms old 2 story house it was built on or before 1883. in Odessa ,mo. about 125 miles north of me so i ll be gone till mon or tues, :-X plan on shooting cowbow action on sunday  ;D :)a little farther north with my oldest son.

anyway the porch roof leaked & now the wall paper on inside wall below were the porch roof attaches to house is blistering off :( , realitior called wants it fixed before her showing on monday.
i think i told youall i moved my mom to just north of denver last month to be with my sisters kids as they are 2 & 6 years old & my youngest is 22
Eagle's Nest Tree farm & Sawmill
BSA Scoutmaster Retired
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from
 too much government.
   Thomas Jefferson 1802
 No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Frank Pender - AKA "Tail Gunner"

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
    • www.TanglewoodTimber@aol.com
Re: working on moms house
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 06:23:07 AM »
Have a safe trip, and do not shoot yourself in the foot, "cowbow".

Offline Harry

• New Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 02:08:09 PM »
Have a fun time. Do send a progress report on the house. Not to many around built before 1883!!
Gotta be some stories in there. Your mom tell you any? Sorry you have to sell it.

Offline mike p

• Senior Contributor
  • adicted to the aroma of oak
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 06:53:31 PM »
well my boy & i had a blast  ;D other than the heat  :P
the house had 7 layers of wall paper over concret applyed to lathes we replaced a 2x3' area with drywall & patched the rest of the wall applyed wallpaper underlayment & painted 2 colors to match the other 2 walls then put up the border paper that was the hardest part
Eagle's Nest Tree farm & Sawmill
BSA Scoutmaster Retired
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from
 too much government.
   Thomas Jefferson 1802
 No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.

Thomas Jefferson