alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Local Milling Job  (Read 7646 times)

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
Local Milling Job
« on: September 18, 2008, 06:56:36 PM »
I had a local milling job for some Red Oak today.  Turned out to only be 120 BF but the guy was tickled pink to have some great looking clear red oak boards. 

Its funny how things run through your mind when you have small jobs like this.  My first thought was, great, two logs, what a waste of time.  That is the devil working on you! ;D  No sooner than I kicked that thought out of my head I knew it would be a great day sawing as its oftne more fun meeting the people and establishing relationships.

This turned out to be a 30 minute cutting job and three hour conversation.  Turns out the guy worked with my Uncle when he was a Power Company Supervisor.  Lots of stories to tell and garaunteed future business will come my way.  As I was cleaning up I asked if he minded if I kept the sawdust for my Biomizer. 

He said sure then asked: "Will that thing burn planer shavings?" 

Sure will! 

"How much room you got in the truck?  I have three 60-gal bags full in the garage and you can have it if you want it."

You bet!  Turned out I got 4 Biomizer bags of red oak (green) and the three bags of dried planer shavings.  I dont know what was more fun, cutting the wood, establishing a relationship with a new customer, or getting more fuel for the Biomizer!   :D ;D

Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline milling man

• New Contributor
    • Tackett Milling & Wood Works
Re: Local Milling Job
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 03:57:12 PM »
all three of coarse!!  :laugh: :laugh:  how do you like that bio mizer?  my dad has a hardy outdoor furnace and he loves it. i am planning a new house later down the road and i am looking into a hardy, but i have been hearing good things about the biomizer. what will it burn an how much may i ask did you pay for it?

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
Re: Local Milling Job
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 07:43:39 PM »
So far so good on the Biomizer. We only got a couple months of use last winter with it but it worked great.

I am one of the testers for the prototypes and our units were $6,000.00.  Not sure what the final version is going to sell for.
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!