alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: posting problems  (Read 7639 times)

Offline mike p

• Senior Contributor
  • adicted to the aroma of oak
posting problems
« on: September 29, 2008, 08:30:46 PM »
ok due to my typing with only 2 fingers it takes me a while i get a good lengthy post & it says you have timed out & i lose all my words or it says you have allready posted this so i go to the spot to see my post its not there & i lose all my words so then i post the condensed version

aslso when you post more than one picture in a post how do you  get words in betwene the pictures or on bottem & top of the picture
Eagle's Nest Tree farm & Sawmill
BSA Scoutmaster Retired
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from
 too much government.
   Thomas Jefferson 1802
 No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Bartley

• Contributor
Re: posting problems
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 05:41:14 AM »
Mike,

You can save on the timeouts by using "Wordpad" or "Notepad" (both are Windows programs) to create your post off-line, then copy and paste your post into the reply box here on the forum. Once your post is pasted into the reply box, then you can insert the photos wherever you want them in your post. To insert the photos, you can also have the link (URL) already in the post, then just highlight the link and click on the "insert image" icon up above (fourth from left above the smileys).

I hope this helps!

cheers eh?

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
Re: posting problems
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 02:07:42 PM »
If you photos are an attached file the only option is for them to be below all the text.  If you set up a gallery and you can link them in the text so you can have them wherever  you want in the post. 

Not sure what the problem might be on the time out issue but Johns idea is right on.  Many times I will make a post while offline and save it using Microsoft Word then post it when I get online later. 
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!