alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Mighty mite H series 412 or 912 diesel  (Read 15755 times)

Offline DaveK

• Contributor
Mighty mite H series 412 or 912 diesel
« on: October 25, 2008, 12:54:19 PM »
I was hoping to go with a stationary electric dimension mill, but it looks like I might be better off with gas or diesel and keeping it mobile.  Does anyone own or run one of the Mighty Mite H series 412 or 912 mills with the diesel motor?  What do you think of it?  I'm looking at a 2000 H912 Diesel on the exchange and need to give the owner a call.

The gas MD is still an option, but I really don't like working with gas and prefer diesel.  I'm also already set up with a diesel tank, pump etc for my excavator, so this makes fuel storage a little easier too.  Thanks.

Offline Frank Pender - AKA "Tail Gunner"

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
    • www.TanglewoodTimber@aol.com
Re: Mighty mite H series 412 or 912 diesel
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 09:30:49 PM »
Sorry, Dave, I do not know a thing about the Mighty Mite Sawmill.  I did see one a number of years ago all set up and not running, for some reason of another.  I have operated a MD mill since '83 and all three of them have been gas units.  I would buy an electric unit, but I do not have three phase and the mill building is not occupied with a Logosol moulder/planer, at this time.  Besides, I like being out in the open and it is easier to dispose of my sawdust, from under the trailer system. 

Offline DaveK

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 07:27:49 PM »
Thanks Frank.  I would have bet money you had run one or owned one at one time.  I have tried all kinds of searches with Google and I'm surprised I'm not finding much on the Mighty Mite mills.  I'm finding information on their band mills, but not their dimension mills.

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 09:57:24 PM »
I ran one that a freind had down south of Atlanta a few years ago.  It looked like a scaled down Mobile Dimension.  I realy didnt see any difference in the Mighty Might and the MD other than track length and I suspect that can be increased. 
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline DaveK

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 11:54:26 PM »
I called Mighty Mite this week and was told I can come down and check our their mills.  They are shipping the mills out as fast as they build them, so they suggested I call in advance and arrange to come down when they are finishing up a mill I'm interested in looking at.  It will take a little coordination, but I can understand not having lots of demo mills sitting around collecting dust.

Offline Frank Pender - AKA "Tail Gunner"

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
    • www.TanglewoodTimber@aol.com
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2008, 06:16:06 AM »
Dave, you might just coordiante with the MD factory inTroutdale and visit with them at the same time.  Then you can come and visit me in Dallas, just West of Salem, the same day. Ha ha.  If you would like to take a day to come and visit and see my operation that would be great, really.

Offline DaveK

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2008, 03:32:41 PM »
I may have to take you up on the offer.  I've been using my days off to work on our house, but sometimes you just have to take a break and have some fun.