alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Anything to give a little direction.  (Read 9798 times)

Offline danweb

• Contributor
Anything to give a little direction.
« on: December 03, 2008, 03:19:18 PM »
Hey guys and gals I guess? After my last rant , I have a need for instruction. Can anybody give me direction to a site that may have videos that will show some good techniques for cutting logs to timber? I know I keep asking rookie questions, but I just dont want to look like an idiot when the time comes for me to do sawing for someone else other than myself and a couple of friends. You know, maybe just something with a few good pictures but some good videos would be great. I have looked all over this site and have really enjoyed the pics and i have been on The LWF and have enjoyed the pics and a couple of videos on there as well, but I am Kinda hard headed, Id like to see more. Any direction is appreciated. I also have really enjoyed the band saw modifications i've seen. Looking forward to getting a few home made upgrades for my saw. Thanks guys....Dan
" Live Life With an Attitude of Gratitude "

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
Re: Anything to give a little direction.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 05:08:07 PM »
Dan,
Shoot me a good adress and I will get you a set of awesome DVD/s that cover it all!  I just ask that when your done with them you send them back  ;D
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline mike p

• Senior Contributor
  • adicted to the aroma of oak
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 06:33:24 PM »
look over Birkeys site
http://www.timbergreenforestry.com/
i think hes got over 300 pages of info
Eagle's Nest Tree farm & Sawmill
BSA Scoutmaster Retired
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from
 too much government.
   Thomas Jefferson 1802
 No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 06:38:17 PM »
TimberKing has a pretty good video for a few bucks...I bet if you call them, they will send it ASAP. What experience I have had with them, they are a pretty good bunch.
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

If anyone has any issues, I can be reached at the number above, anytime.

Offline danweb

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 08:14:44 PM »
Kirk that is good of you. God bless you, Ill e-mail to you tonight.Mike, i appreciate the link , I am going to go there and see what I can learn, and Joasis, LOL, I think right now, I might let the TimberKing thing slide, Not too happy with them at the moment. But thanks , and to tell you the truth, when I got my TK mill, it came with a disc showing the different mills and some cutting jobs they performed. But I needed something more in-depth.  Thank you all....Dan

Offline Mr Mom

• Major Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 05:03:50 PM »
All right kirk whats the name of the videos.
I need this kind help to.

Thanks Alot Mr Mom

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 05:22:42 PM »
Dan, when your done with them please forwad them to Mr. Mom! 

Is a 5 part video series from Wood Mizer.  I dont recall the name but its an awesome series. 

Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline danweb

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2008, 08:50:22 PM »
I'll be glad to. Mr MOM if you would like to send me your address at my e-mail dwweber2000@yahoo.com I would be more than happy to get those dvd's mailed to you as soon as I take a look at them. Im really looking forward to getting them from Kirk. I can definately use the instruction.  Thanks ... Dan

Offline danweb

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2008, 06:29:43 PM »
Hey Kirk, I just wanted to let you know that I received those dvd's in the mail today and I will begin watching them to night.  Again thank you  for sending them.