alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: AR15 - Colt / Bushmaster  (Read 9653 times)

Online Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
AR15 - Colt / Bushmaster
« on: January 15, 2009, 09:14:16 PM »
I am looking for a AR/15, either Colt or Bushmaster.  A2 is the style I want, which is the standard vietnam era looking version.  The handle is not detachable.  I can buy new for $845 from Bushmaster and $1100 from Colt so looking to beet those prices.  Must be in like new condition!  Pre-ban is a plus, as are options like pre-ban flash suppressor and bayonet lug. 
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline Clive C

• New Contributor
Re: AR15 - Colt / Bushmaster
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 09:00:00 PM »
If those rifles are still available you oughta buy them.  If they aren't you should have ::)  ANYTHING AR is bringing high $$$ and getting harder to find by the day thanks to Barry's upcoming gun ban  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline Stevem

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 10:57:47 AM »
Why an AR-15?  I don't understand.

Having spent 20 years in the Air Guard and firing the AR-15 for all those years I still can't understand the civilian draw toward the weapon.

You can put 10 or a 100 rounds through the weapon in very short order and spend 2 hours cleaning it.  They aren't that accurate (could the the ammo) and they are a complicated assembly.  They aren't even a legal caliber for hunting elk in the State of Oregon.  So what's the big deal?  The Marines even wanted to go back to the M-14 (.308 cal) when they got to the desert for the better range.

Stevem
Because you can doesn't mean you should!

Online Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 12:35:02 PM »
For starters, since its what I fired while in the service there is that apeal but more importantly are the following.

The aftermarket calibers make it very versital, such as the 204 ruger kit or the 50 caliber kit. (not the big 50 cal sniper but smaller case)

Accuracy in the new models with good ammo are impressive.  My neighbor has one and he keeps 1/2" groups at 100 yards no problem.  I know the ones I used while in the service were not that accurate for my likeing but most of us did shoot marksman so it wasnt all that bad. 

Here in Illinois I have several opportunities for open prarie shots on running targets.  That makes the AR15 (.223) with open sites a perfect candidate.  Recover on target is quicker than the M-14 and the .308 is overkill for what I am looking to put down ;D, if there is such a thing. ;D  Couple that with the significant cost difference (reloading), as well as availability pretty much anywhere the .223 wins.

Now, for the other application I am wanting to fill, its the M1-A1 that Springfield makes.  Far more versital for hunting applications but the cost is outside my current budget.  :(

Online Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 10:23:32 PM »
Mission Accomplished! ;)

Online Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 09:09:01 PM »
Can you believe a 5-7 month back order for a brand new gun :o 

I would say there is unrest amongs the many :)

Offline Stevem

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 11:52:51 PM »
I tried to buy a Mossberg model 500HD410 from four different stores and couldn't find one in Dec/Jan time frame.  Finally settled on a 20 gauge short barrel, adjustable stock and extended magazine in stock at a dealer 40 miles away.  It's sweet.  Can't find buck shot for it yet so have some on order. 
Stevem
Because you can doesn't mean you should!

Offline kobraken

• New Contributor
  • so much wood, so little time
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2009, 04:49:36 PM »
Kirk,  if you are still looking, I have a friend who LEGALLY manufactures the AR-15.  He is a gunsmith who buys the castings and machines them, and then assembles and stamps them.  I believe he can make them in just about any calibre you want.  If you are interested drop me an email to    kobraken@hughes.net