alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Al Gore and the heatwave?  (Read 9911 times)

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
Al Gore and the heatwave?
« on: January 17, 2009, 05:35:13 PM »
So what about this record breaking cold weather? Is this due to Al Gore's global warming?
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

If anyone has any issues, I can be reached at the number above, anytime.

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
Re: Al Gore and the heatwave?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 06:23:13 PM »
It makes you wonder where the media accountability is these days. The liberals seem to get away with murder and the first hint of conservitism finds you scrutinized for every little thing. 

Why is it so hard for them to call him on the carpet with all the lies he has spread.   ???
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline mics_54

• General Contractor
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 06:54:07 PM »
We pragmatists are all alone.
"Fortune favors the Bold"

Offline DaveK

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 10:25:21 PM »
I really don't have an opinion either way on global warming, but I do know the weather patterns around here sure seem to be changing.  My dad and I were talking about the weather and we both think winter storms have become more severe in the last 15 years.  I'm sure it is a cycle that has been and will be repeated for centuries.

I just wish there were outdoor wood boilers that met the washington state emissions criteria so I could buy one to heat our house.  We don't get the cold some of you do, but we have been seeing some chilly (for us) mornings lately.

Offline Frank Pender - AKA "Tail Gunner"

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
    • www.TanglewoodTimber@aol.com
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 03:12:42 AM »

Dave, the Taylor should meet the standards.  It does here in Oregon.

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2009, 11:13:50 AM »
I bet the biomizer does as well.  Problem is, whether its burned or rotting in the woods, the CO into the environment is the same.  I understand smog issues but some states simply wont let you burn with an argument it produces to much CO and that hurts our environment. 

Offline DaveK

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2009, 11:49:01 AM »
I have been looking over bills that are being proposed this legislative session and one of them specifically identifies allowing owb's provided they meet certain emission standards.  Hopefully it will pass since everything I have read leads me to believe owb's are actually illegal in Washington State.  The below quote comes straight from our Dept of Ecology website that regulates air quality.

"Because wood-fired boilers are not manufactured in a manner that would allow it to be tested to determine if it meets Ecology’s standards, they are prohibited in the state of Washington."

Their website may be a bit outdated, so I think I will give DOE a call on Tuesday and see what the latest is on owb's.

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2009, 01:23:24 PM »
Dave, I just called my dealer and he has several he has installled in Washington.  In fact, he has a letter from Taylor about a study that was done at OMSI in Portland, that it does meet all of the qualifications.  He did say however, that there are some things changing in 2010.  How things are changing, I do not know.

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2009, 10:34:33 PM »
So if they ban OWB what about burning wood inside a fireplace?  Thats OK? 

I dont have much faith in the State of WA.  Sorry but after my truck was stolen I realized real quick the people I was dealing with probably shouldt even be employed.  :( 

Then after going to Bellingham and a few other local Fire department and find out they city councel members have banned them from flowing water because the chlorine kills fish blew me away.  How can you expect a Fire Department to train to fight fire when they not only wont let them burn anything but now wont even let them flow water.  ???

This country is losing sight of what a priority is and I can tell you its not the rat in the desert, the turtle in the mountains, or the little minnow in the stream.  >:(

Offline DaveK

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2009, 10:52:07 AM »
I just started researching the idea of installing an owb, so please don't take my limited information as the gospel.  Since Frank has chimed in, I have more leads on where to start looking for information.  As for the wood stoves, there are pages of stoves that meet the more stringent Washington standards and we were planning to put one in for our frequent power outages.  There are even some of the masonry heaters that meet the state standard.  If I thought we could afford one, I would love to install one of the big masonry units.  One good fire and the heat would radiate for hours.

joasis - I'm sorry, I didn't intend to hijack your thread.

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2009, 10:59:25 AM »
Ahhh, he dosen't care, Mike. :angel: :angel: