alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Biomizer Sawdust Burner  (Read 179751 times)

Offline Frank Pender - AKA "Tail Gunner"

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
    • www.TanglewoodTimber@aol.com
Re: Biomizer Sawdust Burner
« Reply #250 on: November 14, 2009, 08:39:32 AM »
There seems to be some possible method of setting a feed system on thermostat, so when the burning temp fall below a given point the system kicks in to action.

Offline Stevem

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #251 on: November 14, 2009, 01:58:51 PM »
I'd think so too.  As long as it stayed cold there shouldn't be a problem, ie. the fire never went out.  Ignition from a cold start would take some thinking or planning ahead.  Maybe fire it once a day and run on backup once it went out?

Stevem
Because you can doesn't mean you should!

Offline Buzz Sawyer

• Global Moderator
  • Old Timers Club
« Reply #252 on: November 23, 2009, 03:17:12 PM »
Kirk I think a simple mechanical system with digital controls could be a fun and simple project.....JUST need to get aquanted with controllers and the like in your spare TIME :P

Offline HaroldCR - AKA Fla.-Deadheader

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #253 on: November 23, 2009, 03:52:12 PM »

Gotta agree with Buzz.  Could y'all imagine what kind of contraptions he and I would have built, if I moved up your way, instead of down here  ::) ::) ::) >:D >:D >:D ;D ;D

Offline Buzz Sawyer

• Global Moderator
  • Old Timers Club
« Reply #254 on: November 24, 2009, 10:38:07 AM »
Maybe a water hydraulic actuated biomass feed wind electric powered coat rack..................  :o :o :o :laugh:

Offline HaroldCR - AKA Fla.-Deadheader

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #255 on: November 24, 2009, 01:12:20 PM »

EXACTO  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I just can't believe the rig Kirk has, can't be modified. I think that WET sawdust was the big drawback with WM, and the Engineers. Electronical, I'm not, so controls would need to be laid out by someone smarter than me  ::) ::)

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #256 on: November 24, 2009, 01:34:46 PM »
The problem was more on the issue of safety.  I had melted wires around the blower.  I am sure it could be modified I just dont think I want to mess with it. 

Some folks tried wet sawdust, contrary to what they were instructed to do then complained when it didnt work. My system worked great with ALL the fuels I tried and I had even found some super fuels that had tons of potential. 

Maybe when the econmomy turns around (not going to happen in my life time) they can try again.
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline Buzz Sawyer

• Global Moderator
  • Old Timers Club
« Reply #257 on: November 25, 2009, 06:23:48 PM »
wish I lived closer so we could mess around with it.... :)