alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: How secure are things?  (Read 10556 times)

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
How secure are things?
« on: January 24, 2009, 03:34:35 PM »
MikeP sent me this and we felt it was worth sharing! For all the naysayers who think my past references to private messages not being secure are rediculas, rest assured that they are not, any more than are emails which were suppose to be even more secure.   If the  :police: want to find out something they can!

NOTE: The Missouri Bar Disciplinary Counsel requires all Missouri lawyers to notify all recipients of e-mail that (1) e-mail communication is not a secure method of communication, (2) any e-mail that is sent to you or by you may be copied and held by various computers it passes through as it goes from me to you or vice versa, (3) persons not participating in our communication may intercept our communications by improperly accessing your computer or my computer or even some computer unconnected to either of us which the e-mail passed through. I am communicating to you via e-mail because you have consented to receive communications via this medium. If you change your mind and want future communications to be sent in a different fashion, please let me know AT ONCE
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline Stephen Wiley

• Senior Contributor
Re: How secure are things?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 04:43:07 PM »
 ;) Need no convincing here.

Offline Frank Pender - AKA "Tail Gunner"

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
    • www.TanglewoodTimber@aol.com
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 09:30:41 PM »
There seems to be more freedoms in Eastern Russia, than here. sometimes. :'(

Offline Stevem

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 11:00:43 PM »
If you don't want it in court don't put it in an e-mail.
Stevem
Because you can doesn't mean you should!

Offline drobertson

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2017, 03:06:06 PM »
I got to reading this thread, and even though its an oldie, it still has some precedence.  Like  in today's environment, with all the on going scams and seemingly selling of personal information.  I have been for a short while doing some job searches online.  Not really biting on anything as such, just feeling out the landscape if you will.  We'll, had I'd know what barrage of crap was coming, and it seems like all of them are scammers, random phone calls with no messages, or any other links to just who they are.. Kinda frustrating, and to think for even a moment, anything is secure in regards to private personal information,?  I'm doubting it strongly,