alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: southern sawyers  (Read 11423 times)

Offline leastofthese

• New Contributor
southern sawyers
« on: January 11, 2010, 09:27:28 AM »
hello, i'm looking for some operating circle saws in the la, tx, ms,or ark. area to go and watch and learn. if any knows one or is one your help would be appreciated. thanks.

Offline Buzz Sawyer

• Global Moderator
  • Old Timers Club
Re: southern sawyers
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 03:24:52 PM »
Do you specifically want to learn about a circular saw mill? Oh and by the way welcome to the forum....you can learn a ton here by asking and listening in on conversations.....I run a cirle mill and would be glad to have ya on by....but I live to far away......

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 04:37:05 PM »
I would be happy to sell you my circle mill, and then teach you how to saw, if that helps.

I would not advise anyone to start on a circle mill....the bandmills of today are really user friendly, and unless lots of board feet in a day is your goal, it is just a better deal.
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

If anyone has any issues, I can be reached at the number above, anytime.

Offline leastofthese

• New Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 06:10:06 PM »
thanks for the reply, joasis. i'd like to know how much you want for your mill. any pictures and or other info would also be nice. you could email me if you get a chance. i've been looking on sawmillexchange and am currently awaiting a return call or email. i worked on a circle mill when i was a kid. i have lots of building plans and would also like to make a living at home, sawing lumber for folks.

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 03:40:01 PM »
Here is an unused mill.....I wish I had more time!
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

Offline leastofthese

• New Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 03:53:30 PM »
is the large piece of equipment on the right a sawdust blower?? and the left the power supply??? thanks for the picture... edited because upon futher inspection in another picture i found ,the box on the left is the husk cover. thanks
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 04:47:56 PM by leastofthese »

Offline Frank Pender - AKA "Tail Gunner"

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
    • www.TanglewoodTimber@aol.com
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2010, 08:47:09 AM »
I will sell you my MD mill here in Oregon and teach you in the process how to operate the unit.   ;D

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2010, 09:43:18 AM »
Too late Frank...our buddy from Louisiana has been here and gone, with a Meadows circle mill in tow. I am still kicking myself....but what the hay.....until I get my new home built, there would not be any time in the foreseeable future for sawing...and I still have the bandmill.
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563