alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Damaged carriage feed teeth  (Read 8857 times)

Offline woodsman

• Contributor
Damaged carriage feed teeth
« on: April 07, 2009, 06:28:13 PM »
I have some damaged teeth on my 1966 Mobil D carriage feed. Has anyone replaced them before? I haven't even called to see if I can just buy the teeth. To be clear this is on the track assembly, the first 10 foot section. I assume I would just grind off the welds and weld on the new section. Don't want to have to buy a whole new section. It jams sometimes when on the return trip.

Thanks Jason

Offline Frank Pender - AKA "Tail Gunner"

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
    • www.TanglewoodTimber@aol.com
Re: Damaged carriage feed teeth
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 10:23:10 PM »
Yes you can get just the teeth.  I had them weld on a new set for the cross feed for me a few weeks ago.

Offline sawmill_john

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 07:52:11 PM »
You want to be very carful welding on the track, too much heat will warp the track, that will effect the trueness of your cut.

john

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 08:36:37 PM »
That is exactly why I took the crossfeed tube to the factory.  Well worth my time and effort.

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 10:01:32 PM »
Jason, how is the main blade working?  Did you get it hammered, yet? Do not wait to long for a hammering.  Waiting could cost you a whole new blade.

Offline woodsman

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 07:59:52 PM »
Nope haven't done any fixs yet. But I haven't been doing any sawing either, as I'm done in Turlock Cal. making Bee Hive splits. Should bee back to sawing by next weekend. Though it might bee awhilely until I can send it in as I have some saw jobs when I get back. Yeah if running it like it is will ruin it, I've been ruinning it for 2 or 3 years now. I will get it hammered after my next job though to be on the safe side.

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009, 10:10:56 PM »
Hey woodsman, you and Harry ought to be sharing your trade.  He is a past student that is now a full time keeper of bees.  He has been posting a few times and has an item or two in the section on travel etc..