alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Anyone else feel like this?  (Read 9064 times)

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
Anyone else feel like this?
« on: June 15, 2009, 09:20:31 PM »
Dear President Obama:
You are the thirteenth President under whom I have lived and unlike any of the others, you truly scare me.

You scare me because after months of exposure, I know nothing about you.

You scare me because I do not know how you paid for your expensive Ivy League education and your upscale lifestyle and housing with no visible signs of support.

You scare me because you did not spend the formative years of youth growing up in America, and culturally you are not an American.

You scare me because you have never run a company or met a payroll.

You scare me because you have never had military experience, thus don't understand it at its core.

You scare me because you lack humility and "class," always blaming others.

You scare me because for over half your life you have aligned yourself with radical extremists who hate America and you refuse to publicly denounce these radicals who wish to see America fail.

You scare me because you are a cheerleader for the "blame America" crowd and deliver this message abroad.

You scare me because you want to change America to a European style country where the government sector dominates instead of the private sector.

You scare me because you want to replace our health care system with a government controlled one.

You scare me because you prefer "wind mills" to responsibly capitalizing on our own vast oil, coal and shale reserves.

You scare me because you want to kill the American capitalist goose that lays the golden egg which provides the highest standard of living in the world.

You scare me because you have begun to use "extortion" tactics against certain banks and corporations.

You scare me because your own political party shrinks from challenging you on your wild and irresponsible spending proposals.

You scare me because you will not openly listen to or even consider opposing points of view from intelligent people.

You scare me because you falsely believe that you are both omnipotent and omniscient.

You scare me because the media gives you a free pass on everything you do.

You scare me because you demonize and want to silence the Limbaughs, Hannitys, O'Reillys and Becks who offer opposing, conservative points of view.

You scare me because you prefer controlling over governing.

Finally, you scare me because if you serve a second term I will probably not feel safe in writing a similar letter in 8 years.

Lou Pritchett

Thank you, Mr. Pritchett, for your love for America, honesty and willingness to risk your reputation by speaking up to this administration.
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

If anyone has any issues, I can be reached at the number above, anytime.

Offline Frank Pender - AKA "Tail Gunner"

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
    • www.TanglewoodTimber@aol.com
Re: Anyone else feel like this?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 11:27:40 PM »
There are more people every day, Jay, feeling this way, in part or all.

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 06:12:42 AM »
 Title: Letter From Grandpa

Published: Jun 15, 2009
Author: John

John is 63 years old and owns his own business.

He is a life-long Republican and sees his dream of retiring next year is now all but gone.

With the stock market crashing and all the new taxes coming his way, John knows he will be working for a good number more years.

John has a Granddaughter.

Ashley is a recent college grad.

She drives a late model car, wears all the latest fashions, and also likes going out and eating out a lot.

Ashley campaigned hard for Obama, and after he won the election she made sure her Grandfather (and all other Republican family members) received more than an earful on how the world is doing to be a much better place now that Obama won the election.

Ashley recently found herself short of cash and cannot pay her bills, again. As she has done many other times in the past, she e-mailed her Grandfather asking for some financial help.

Here is his reply:

"Sweetheart,

I am replying to your request for more money. Ashley, you know I love you dearly and am sympathetic to your financial plight. Unfortunately, times have changed. With the election of President Obama, your Grandmother and I have had to set forth a bold new economic plan of our own....the 'Ashley Economic Plan'. Let me explain. Your grandmother and I are highly productive, wage-earning taxpayers. As you know, we have lived a comfortable life and in return have forgone many things like fancy vacations, luxury cars, etc. We have worked hard and were looking forward to retiring soon.

But this plan has changed. Your president is significantly raising our personal and business taxes. He says it is so he can give our hard earned money to other people.

Do you know what this means, Ashley? It means less income for us. Less income means we must cut back on many business and personal expenditures.

One example is, we were forced to let go of our receptionist today. You know her. She always gave you candy when you visited my office. Did you know she worked for us for the past 18 years? I can't afford her anymore.

That is a taste of the business side. Some personal economic effects of Obama's new taxation policies include none other than you. You know very well that over the years your grandmother and I have given you thousands of dollars in cash, tuition assistance, food, housing, clothing, gifts, etc., etc. By your vote, you have chosen another family over ours for help.

Judging from your Email requesting more money, I recommend you call 202-456-1111. That is the direct telephone number for the White House. You yourself repeatedly told me I was foolish to vote Republican. You said Mr. Obama is going to be the people's president and is going to help every American live a better life. Based upon everything you have told me and things we heard from him as he campaigned, I am sure Mr. Obama will be happy to send a check or transfer money into your checking account. Have him call me for the transaction and account numbers, which by now I know by heart.

Perhaps you now can understand what I have been saying for all my life: those who vote for the president should consider what the impact of an election will be on the nation as a whole, and not just be concerned with what they can get for themselves (welfare, etc.). What Obama voters don't seem to realize is all of the "government's" money he is 'redistributing' to illegal aliens and non-taxpaying Americans (deemed "less fortunate") comes from tax money collected from income tax-paying families. Remember how you told me, "Only the richest of the rich will be affected"? Guess what, honey? Because of our business, your Grandmother and I are now considered to be the richest of the rich. On paper, it might look that way. But in the real world, we are far from it.

But, as you said while campaigning for Obama, some people will have to carry more of the burden so all of America can prosper. You understand what that means, right? It means that raising taxes on productive people results in them having less money. Less money for everything, including granddaughters.

Congratulations on your choice for "change". For future reference, I encourage you to attempt to add up the total value of the gifts and money you've received from us over the years, and compare it to what you expect to get over the next four years from Mr. Obama.

Remember, we love you dearly... but from now on you'll need to call the number referenced above when you need help.

Good luck, sweetheart.

Love, Grandpa

http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=266907
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

If anyone has any issues, I can be reached at the number above, anytime.

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 07:44:33 AM »
Yep, and Alice and I are a pair of those grandparents, for sure.

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 08:27:13 AM »
I travel often and I can tell you the pulse of this nation and its anger towads Obama is clear.  Sure, my inner circle is filled with conservative thinkers but when you visits hundreds of Fire Departments (FF Union Supported Obama) and they too are fed up it becomes clear this is not an issue isolated to one party.

People are pissed!  I am pissed!  Thats not enough though.  People HAVE to get involved.  Write letters, make phone calls, attend TEA parties etc. 

We must take our country back! 
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 10:26:11 AM »
Those on the fat dole right now think differently, but when that is gone in the near future, their mind sets will be different.

Offline Stevem

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 01:29:53 PM »
Just my opinion.

Who ever had been elected would have had the economic breakdown we're currently facing.  That is a given and in my opinion has been a long time a comming.  And based on past history the president, wrongly, would be blamed.

But what we're seeing is DIFFERENT.  The population has polarized, after the election!  Never seen such and my political awareness goes back to Kenedy's election.  Generally, after the election of a new pres, people have pretty much pulled together, like: "My country, right or wrong, still my country."  But wait 'til the next election.

People are not waiting,  It may have something to do with the wide spread use of the internet, bloggers, and anybody can be published.  That may be part of of it but not all.  We have a bad situation but the government responses are worse.  Spend yourself rich,  save failed businesses and throw out contract law that's supposed to be protected by the law of the land, all at taxpayer expense.

There has always supposed to have been a "rule book", the Constitution, but it's pretty obvious the rule book has been thrown out by the government.  Worry about violations of Constitution was considered being some form of kook.  Not today, it's becoming very main stream.
Some people are glad, others are not.  It's boiling down to which side your on, thus the polarity.

I think we're are headed for "Change you don't want to believe can happen."

There is a very high interest in precious metal today, Gold, silver, lead, and brass with little bitty primers on one end.  Haven't seen the interest in gold and silver since the Carter/Nixon ere, never the brass and lead.

Should all be good for small portable sawmills until you need parts.

Stevem
Because you can doesn't mean you should!

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2009, 10:11:58 PM »
The ironic part regarding the lead and brass is that of all those I talk with across the country, very few are buying because of fear of the Government.  They fear the crime that is going to escalate when the money runs out for all those on the unemployment line.

There is already a spike in crime and the FBI has said its going to get a lot worse.

Offline Stevem

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2009, 12:27:16 AM »
The ironic part regarding the lead and brass is that of all those I talk with across the country, very few are buying because of fear of the Government.  They fear the crime that is going to escalate when the money runs out for all those on the unemployment line.

Isn't that an indictment against the government.  It's government that should be fearing the rath of the people
Stevem
Because you can doesn't mean you should!

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2009, 08:46:02 AM »
Couldn't agree with you more! 

I think the only way for a civil wake up call to our government is to take the money away.  If the 20% that are carrying this country said enough, were not paying anymore, it would bring the government to its knees. 

Then you will need all that brass and lead!