alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: What is Palin up to?  (Read 6661 times)

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
What is Palin up to?
« on: July 06, 2009, 08:01:15 PM »

Colin Powel "quit" in the middle of a war...true, he was not a President, just the Sec. of St., but quit he did. Any executive can quit.....Lee Iaccoca quit after bringing a bankrupt Chrysler from near distinction. Truman and Johnson both "quit", but did fulfill their elected terms. There are provisions for the military....officers can resign their commission at will.....yes, QUIT!....and be subject to reassignment in the ranks, or separated from the service. At all levels of government, people quit after being elected, for whatever reasons, and that is the end of the story, unless there is a criminal case coming. As a citizen, we vote to fill an elected position, and it is expected that the person elected will fulfill that job, until when? Of course, until re-elected, chooses not to run, or is defeated in another election. No where in law or tradition is there a clause that says anyone cannot have the right of free will in matters of terminating employment.

Sure...you can say what you will...Palin "quit" the State....and again...so what? The State of Alaska is in great shape, budget surpluses, nearly recession proof economy....what else could you wish for? I bet Arnie would give both nuts to have what Palin is leaving behind.....or a graceful way out.

I have heard it most of the day, since I was on the road for over 4 hours.....nearly every perspective imaginable, and Palin has everyone guessing, including Obama's staff....if she is so insignificant, why is everyone obsessing over this?

Ok.....here is my opinion after all the news of the day. Pure speculation....I bet I am close.

Palin is limited by state laws about what she can and cannot do, or be remunerated for. She cannot travel at will...she has to remain above the trash and slime, and not respond to the personal and vicious attacks from the media.

So she looks at her hole card, and the turn, and decides the risk is worth it. She could have announced this last weekend, and the news media wouldn't have focused....MJ was the story. She wanted it in full view. Whether you love her or hate her, the publicity from this point forward is not hurting her.

What is on the table: If the Obamanation bails out California, which for all purposes is bankrupt, then there is a very real risk that it will collapse the US economy. If not a total wreck, we will see inflation like the '70s again, and high unemployment, gas prices, food prices, and liberal ideas killing the average family.....there will not be enough money to feed the family and gas the car, pay the bills, and have a dime left over. Taxes will go up, not if they go up, and public dissatisfaction will skyrocket. A Democrat will not be able to buy a seat in Congress with worthless money when the average American is getting hammered.

Now this is the river card.....Palin stands for values....American conservative values. She is Pro-Life, Christian, moral, ethical, and believes in fiscal responsibility and a smaller government, plus free market capitalism.

That Palin resigned as governor of a state that has 680,000 people isn't going to matter.....whether she makes a run, or simply is the cheerleader for the conservative is all that will count, and face it, she has the executive experience to lead, because she was successful. Quitting may be a "breach" of contract with the people of Alaska, but when considering the stakes, it may be worth it.

I think the conservative talk people have it wrong, and the liberals/left really have the clue. They will continue the attack in the belief that Palin represents a danger.....maybe not personally, but the message she will undoubtedly spread is one they do not want to hear: God, Country, and Freedom.

BTW, this is my own opinion, and not a cut and paste of anyone else's work.
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

If anyone has any issues, I can be reached at the number above, anytime.

Offline Frank Pender - AKA "Tail Gunner"

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
    • www.TanglewoodTimber@aol.com
Re: What is Palin up to?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 09:47:32 PM »
I did not think it was cut and paste.  Besides, I have not been able to do that at all, even in kindergarten.  Well said, Jay.

Online Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 10:24:37 PM »
The liberals are scared to death of her.  She stands for whats right and the press, since they dont know what right means, cant figure out whats going on so they spin things towards their agenda.

Wont work this time.  I suspect she will run for president and if she does, look out liberals AND gutless conservatives!
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline mike p

• Senior Contributor
  • adicted to the aroma of oak
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 06:53:30 AM »
Pailn & Ted Nuenget for president
wish full thinking on my part
Eagle's Nest Tree farm & Sawmill
BSA Scoutmaster Retired
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from
 too much government.
   Thomas Jefferson 1802
 No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.

Thomas Jefferson