alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: How about this?  (Read 10439 times)

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
How about this?
« on: July 07, 2009, 09:58:05 PM »
 Argue With Everyone

July 7, 2009

Welcome to Shreveport: Your rights are now suspended.According to Cedric Glover, mayor of Shreveport, Louisiana, his cops “have a power that [. . .] the President of these Unites States does not have”: His cops can take away your rights.

Cedric Glover, mayor of Shreveport, Louisiana, claims to have the authority to suspend the Constitution.

And would you like to guess which rights he has in mind?

Just ask Shreveport resident Robert Baillio, who got pulled over for having two pro-gun bumper stickers on the back of his truck — and had his gun confiscated.

While the officer who pulled him over says Baillio failed to use his turn signal, the only questions he had for Baillio concerned guns: Whether he had a gun, where the gun was, and if he was a member of the NRA. No requests for a driver’s licence, proof of insurance, or vehicle registration — and no discussion of a turn signal.

Accordingly, Baillio told the officer the truth, which led the police officer to search his car without permission and confiscate his gun.

However, not only does Louisiana law allow resident to drive with loaded weapons in their vehicles, but Mr. Baillio possessed a concealed carry license!

What does such behavior demonstrate, other than transparent political profiling — going so far as to use the infamous Department of Homeland Security report on “Americans of a rightwing persuasion” as a how-to guidebook, no less?

Mr. Baillio made no secret of his political affiliations: An American flag centers a wide flourish of pro-freedom stickers and decals on his back windshield.

In fact, when Baillio asked the officer if everyone he pulls over gets the same treatment, the officer said no and pointed to the back of his truck.

Baillio phoned Mayor Glover to complain about this “suspension of rights” only to find that his city’s morbidly obese “commander in chief” was elated at the story: According to Glover, Baillio got “served well, protected well, and even got a consideration that maybe [he] should not have gotten.”

Thankfully, Mr. Baillio recorded a good bit of that phone call. You can watch a video with the transcriptions here. I’ve reproduced a chunk of the call below:

Baillio: (in the context of being asked about the presence of a gun) Well, I answered that question honestly, and he disarmed me.

Glover: Which would be an appropriate and proper action, sir. The fact that you gave the correct answer — it simply means that you did what it is you were supposed to have done, and that is to give that weapon to the police officer so he could appropriately place it in a place where it would not be a threat to you, to him, or to anyone in the general public.

Glover: My direction to you is that, had you chosen not to properly identify the fact that you had a weapon and directed that officer to where that weapon was located; had you been taken from the vehicle, and the officer, in the interest of his safety, chose to secure you in a safe position, and then looked, found, and determined that you did, in fact, have a weapon…then, sir, you would have faced additional, [inaudible], and more severe criminal sanctions.

Baillio: So what you’re saying is: I give up all my rights to keep and bear arms if I’m stopped by the police: Is that correct?

Glover: Sir, you have no right, when you have been pulled over by a police officer for a potential criminal offense [which would be what?! - DB] to stand there with your weapon at your side in your hand [Baillio's weapon was nowhere near his side or his hand, and Glover knew that. -- DB] because of your second amendment rights, sir. That does not mean at that point your second amendment right has been taken away; it means at that particular point in time, it has been suspended.

——————————————————————————————-

Will Grigg from ProLibertate, an excellent freedom blog, has this to say:

According to Glover, a police officer may properly disarm any civilian at any time, and the civilian’s duty is to surrender his gun — willingly, readily, cheerfully, without cavil or question.

From Glover’s perspective, it is only when firearms are in the hands of people other than the state’s uniformed enforcers/oppressors that they constitute a threat, not only to the public and those in charge of exercising official violence but also to the private gun owner himself.

NAGR spoke with Mr. Baillio, and he told us that he’s in the process of securing the official procedures and codes for firearm handling and private property confiscation for the Shreveport police department.

So far, the city has been half-heartedly cooperating with him.

“I felt sick,” Baillio told NAGR. “My uncles didn’t die for this country so I could surrender my rights like a wimp. I felt terrible. I was just thinking of all that my family has done for freedom in this nation — including dying — and here they are disarming me at a traffic stop.”

What to do?

1. Read Luke’s commentary here, and participate in the discussion by leaving a comment.
2. Send this around. This kind of behavior cannot go unchecked.
3. Call Mayor Glover’s office to complain: (318) 673-5050.

I’ll leave you with one last consideration. As a licensed firearms instructor in charge of a hundred different students every month, I’m often asked if citizens should voluntarily inform police officers of the presence of a firearm during a routine traffic stop.

While different states have different laws, my answer for Colorado citizens is an emphatic “No”: Colorado law doesn’t require you to volunteer that kind of information, and this case in Louisiana proves why, if at all possible, you should never invite trouble by doing so.

In liberty,
signature
Dudley Brown
Executive Director
National Association for Gun Rights
——————————————————————————————–

I concur, do not offer any information that is not pertenent to the traffic stop. What say you? What does your local/state laws say?

This is a copy from a post on CT, another forum.  >:(
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

If anyone has any issues, I can be reached at the number above, anytime.

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
Re: How about this?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 09:01:03 AM »
Its happening all over the country.

This post is from the http://www.Bohicaarms.com forum.
http://www.bohicaarms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2559

Know you state laws.
Dont end up in a world of s--t like I am in, Check out your state laws!!!, I was on my way to work on a Friday night about a month ago I had my new Bohica 50 upper and my AA lower in a hardcase that I was going to show off on the back seat of my ext. cab F-350 along with the PPSH-41 parts kit I had listed on here during the winter that I was trying to hook up with a guy for a sale, A new Sig Sauer 9mm and a Argintine 1927 (1911 C0lt)Both of them were in cases nothing was loaded that I was taking to my 5th wheel I stay in most of the time during the workweek, I had around 550rnds of ammo also in the truck most of it was 17HMR. I thought I would take another way to the job that night, that was the biggest mistake of my life, I jumped off the main hwy and got on the state hwy. went thru town and wasent watchin my speed after I got back in the 55 speed zone. I looked back in the rearview to see red flashing....S--T..
I dug out my reg. and proof and licencee and handed it to the officer when he got to my window and asked where I was going and stated I was doing night paving on the hiway and that is where I was heading and wasent watching my speed. so he headed back to his car to run my s--t and came back to my window and asked if I had any weapons, I stated I did, and then asked if I had a concealed pistol licence, I stated I did not, he then asked if he could search my truck, I stated I had nothing to hide and oked the search, he asked me to step to the rear of my truck with another officer and was searched while my truck was gone over with a fine tooth comb, after finding the PPSH-41 parts kit I was arested read my rights and put in the cruiser and told I was under arrest for CCW violation. After watching 5 cops trash my truck for a hour I watched as my Bohica and the rest of my s--t was loaded up in another cruiser and hauled off,so to the county Jail I go booked and finger printed and such,after sitting in a holding cell for 21 hours bond was set at $50,000 and my Dad got me the hell out of there...2 weeks down the road Arrainment was set so I hired a top notch lawyer that is very progun.he told me not to worry, ya right....So we go to Areighnment
charge 1 Concealed weapon felony,charge 2 concealed weapon felony
charge 3 possession of a machinegun (WTF) charge 4 possession of a machinegun while in the act of a felony (WTF) Can you belive that s--t???? The PPSH is not to currant demill standards so screw me...to make the story short the lawer got hold of the importer and was told that around 1600 of the ppsh,s were sold after given the ok by BATF, there were around 60-80 left in customs and the BATF changed there decesion on the demill needless to say they been setting in customs for the last 4 years.... lawyer says he has a good defence but there is a program that the fedral goverment has called guns off the streets where the local police get credit for every gun they get and the total weight of said guns to use like green stamps for new equipment.... lawyer says I going to tell now dont expect to get any of your shit back ...Thats just great.so a few more weeks down the line its primilary hearing time, the prossecutor aproches my lawyer prior to cort time and askes if he would like to chat.
A hour later my lawer aproches me and says this is what I am working on for you.. First out of the prossecutors mouth was before we can talk all your clients s--t has to be forfited...SOAFB now for the better news all 4 feloneys will be droped if I plead guilty to a loaded weapon in a vehicle thats a high mistormeanor with a max 2 year and $2500.00 max fine.... so after another half hour of q&a with my lawer I agree to the offer so in the court we go.....

I guess to sum it all up know your state laws...
In the state of Michigan the only way you can transport a handgun in the passanger compartment is if you possess a Concealed Pistol Licence... Ignorance of the law is not an excuse I was told....

So goodby to my new unfired Bohica MKIII, Sig Sauer 226, Argintine 1927, PPSH-41 parts kit and 550 rounds of ammo and the cases....
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 04:18:23 PM »
Just wonderful. Not only a corrupt liar in the White House, but a bunch of people willing to deprive us of our civil liberties.  >:(
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 05:10:55 PM »
what civil liberties?  The supreme court nominee claims the 2nd ammendmant does not apply to states :o 

Im telling you, its going to get worse and I hope everyone is prepared!

Offline Frank Pender - AKA "Tail Gunner"

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
    • www.TanglewoodTimber@aol.com
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 07:51:44 AM »
So, if you are going hunting in that state and your rifle is in a case for protection and safety they can get you for a ccw and take it from you?  What a joke.  I will be doing some searching here in the peoples republic of Oregon, for sure.

Offline Carl Middleton

• Senior Contributor
    • www.bktimbermill.com
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 06:08:21 AM »
It wont be much longer someone going to get hurt >:( In the little town where I live banks are getting robed allmost weekly now and last week a pawn shop was robed and two people held hostage for several hours. Its getting ugly

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009, 07:25:26 AM »
our local bank got robbed three times in the last month as well. 

Home invations are up and they are using Tweeter and forums like this to see when people are going on trips.  No more sharing of that info!

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2009, 08:14:29 AM »
Go and tell them you are leaving and then do some yute hunting.  A few on the fence works to deter others from coming around, you know.

Offline mics_54

• General Contractor
  • Contributor
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2009, 12:10:31 PM »
I heard Cedric Glover has a safe full of cash at his house, is unarmed, is a pacifist and planning a weekend out of town...gosh hope no bad guys read this.
"Fortune favors the Bold"

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2009, 02:14:33 PM »
I asked an inmate in a prison where I was teaching about his choice of places to rob, or invade (home invasion was his crime he was serving time on)...and he basically said it was what they heard, or what they saw.....Lexus in the driveway, or hearing about people keeping cash. I asked him if he worried about an armed homeowner....his answer was a short "no". I told him if he broke into my home, the dog would get him before I shot him, and he said maybe you will, and maybe you won't.
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2009, 10:43:15 PM »
The jerks around here know what will happen for sure, if I catch them.  Just under the timber duff so the cats and coyotes can have evening meals.

Offline mike p

• Senior Contributor
  • adicted to the aroma of oak
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2009, 05:29:35 AM »
i agree with frank but they are smart enough to know when you are gone on earands
Eagle's Nest Tree farm & Sawmill
BSA Scoutmaster Retired
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from
 too much government.
   Thomas Jefferson 1802
 No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.

Thomas Jefferson

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2009, 09:06:38 AM »
With three excellent renters on the Tree Farm, I am not too worried.  They are good tattletales on who comes and goes around here.  If they don't they go.   ;D