alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Mill-less in Troutdale!  (Read 9714 times)

Offline sawmill_john

• Contributor
Mill-less in Troutdale!
« on: October 05, 2009, 08:47:15 PM »
So you probably know, I sold my mill, but if any of you out there need help, let me know, here are a few more pictures of the last few logs I had to cut before sending the mill down the road.

Offline sawmill_john

• Contributor
Re: Mill-less in Troutdale!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 08:48:26 PM »
this is a nice slab I cut it weights about 100 lbs,

Offline sawmill_john

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 08:49:00 PM »
finished slab

Offline sawmill_john

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 08:50:22 PM »
you guys with mills notice the step left on the slab you actually want to see that on a 4" cut. that means the lead it set correctly.

Offline sawmill_john

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 08:51:49 PM »
Hey Frank, how is every thing going, down your way? 

Offline Frank Pender - AKA "Tail Gunner"

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
    • www.TanglewoodTimber@aol.com
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 09:00:23 AM »
John, I am so busy I hardly have any time to check into the forum.  I am lined up with sawing work until after January, next year.  Drying is out for at least 8 months, now. 

Glad you finally found a new home for your mill.  Were you ever able to fab a metal hat for the carrage system, like you said.  You still need to make a visit.  Steve is the only person from the company to ever make it here and that has been to change belts and a few other things on the mill, for me. 

Offline sawmill_john

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 10:50:42 PM »
You know Frank I put it off too the point where I didn't have enough time too make it, so I guess we'll just have to make one for you!  I have some repair work to do around the house, and my annual Tillamook Bay fishing trip is coming up soon after, that I'll come down and see ya!  we can discuss what you want in a cover. 

John