alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Global Warming ?  (Read 11647 times)

Offline Carl Middleton

• Senior Contributor
    • www.bktimbermill.com
Global Warming ?
« on: December 20, 2009, 06:16:31 AM »
Well we got over 2 feet of snow yesterday here in Northern Va.  I have been plowing snow since I was 15 years old and I never seen it snow  this fast before Seemed like 2 inches per hour :o Hasn't snowed this much in one snow fall since 1996. I now know how Al Gore feels Making all this money off this global warming ;D

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
Re: Global Warming ?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 06:34:45 AM »
I find it amazing that the public will sit and allow our politicians to attempt to commit 1 trillion dollars to give other nations since we are "guilty" of climate change.  >:(

This is the greatest hoax pulled to redistribute wealth ever.
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

If anyone has any issues, I can be reached at the number above, anytime.

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 01:00:59 PM »
How is that climate change working out over on the east coast Carl?  Looks like you guys are getting hammered.

We are snowed it right now and looks like at least another day before the plows will get out into the country. 
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline Carl Middleton

• Senior Contributor
    • www.bktimbermill.com
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 08:10:39 PM »
Snowed another foot or more yesterday and this morning I've been plowing  in 36 hour shifts then comming home to sleep 8 hours then back out  Bobcats are in high demand now Home tonight then back out in the morn One more snow and we will have to start trucking the snow out So far between 4 and 5 foot on the ground Al was right GLOBAL WARMING = $$$$$$

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 08:13:31 PM »
 :D :D :D

Offline Carl Middleton

• Senior Contributor
    • www.bktimbermill.com
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 08:15:24 PM »
Just checked the forcast Snow next Mon, thru, and fri ;D Think I'll go on woodmizer site and look around ;)

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2010, 08:26:31 PM »
Take advantage of all you can because I think we all agree its going to get real ugly sooner than later.

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2010, 07:40:59 PM »
MSNBC had a guy reporting that global warming is what has caused all the snow all over the country!  Now that is getting desperate.  :D

Offline POC

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2010, 08:00:46 PM »
We're supposed to get some more starting tomorrow I think. Kirk, is that what you understand?
I live so far out in the country, there isn't anything for me to plow with my tractor, as far as parking lots and the like.  I do plow some neighbors drives, but I think that is just the "neighborly" thing to do.

Offline Carl Middleton

• Senior Contributor
    • www.bktimbermill.com
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2010, 05:38:33 PM »
Well I plowed my way into the saw mill today to check on things. Took about 3 hours to get back there Every thing looked ok untill I went around back  :o Lost the roof on the 16 x 24 leantoo for air dring lumber  :-[ Its gona take a wile to clean up that mess there is about 2000 bf of lumber under there

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2010, 07:11:10 PM »
We got 6 more inches last night and have been drifted in all day. 

Carl that realy sucks.  What type of truss support did you have?  Raftor boards or truss?  I am praying mine holds up!

Offline Carl Middleton

• Senior Contributor
    • www.bktimbermill.com
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2010, 05:47:55 AM »
 Kirk I had 2 x 12 oak rafters 20" OC It looks like the roof pulled away from the sawmill building  The ledger board they sat on I had attached with lag bolts pulled out cant tell if the rafters broke theres too much snow on top  :o

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2010, 07:45:49 AM »
What slope did you have?  I cant imagine 2x12's breaking from snow load as long as it was 4-12 or better.  I went with truss's since Im covering a 31 foot span at a 1.7-12 pitch.  I anchored mine to the barn with both lag bolts and cables.  I ran cables from each corner back up to the barn as well as one in the center.  Going out this morning to see if I am going to need to pull some snow off.  We got another 2" last night.

Offline Carl Middleton

• Senior Contributor
    • www.bktimbermill.com
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2010, 03:03:32 PM »
Had 4- 12 pitch but I hadnt been out since the snow started. With the snow comming off the mill roof + all the snow we had it probley had 4' snow on it all wet snow too  :o  The mill building has 6-12 truss roof no worries about that one ;)