alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Limbaugh Nailed This One  (Read 10884 times)

Offline mike p

• Senior Contributor
  • adicted to the aroma of oak
Limbaugh Nailed This One
« on: January 11, 2010, 09:18:19 PM »
By Rush Limbaugh:

I think the vast differences in compensation between victims of the September 11 casualty and those who die serving our country in Uniform are profound. No one is really talking about it either, because you just don't criticize anything having to do with September 11. Well, I can't let the numbers pass by
because it says something really disturbing about the entitlement mentality of
this country. If you lost a family member in the September 11 attack, you're
going to get an average of $1,185,000. The range is a minimum guarantee of
$250,000, all the way up to $4.7 million..
If you are a surviving family member of an American soldier killed in action,
the first check you get is a $6,000 direct death benefit, half of which is taxable.

Next, you get $1,750 for burial costs. If you are the surviving spouse, you get
$833 a month until you remarry.. And there's a payment of $211 per month for each child under 18. When the child hits 18, those payments come to a
screeching halt.
Keep in mind that some of the people who are getting an average of $1.185 million up to $4.7 million are complaining
that it's not enough. Their deaths were tragic, but for most, they were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Soldiers put themselves in harms way FOR ALL OF US, and they and their families know the dangers. (Actually, soldiers are put in harms way by politicians and commanding
officers.)

We also learned over the weekend that some of the victims from the Oklahoma City bombing have
started an organization asking for the same deal that the September 11 families
are getting. In addition to that, some of the families of those bombed in the
embassies are now asking for compensation as well.

You see where this is going, don't you? Folks, this is part and parcel of over 50 years of entitlement politics in this country. It's just really sad. Every time a pay raise comes up for the military, they usually receive next to
nothing of a raise. Now the green machine is in combat in the Middle East while their families have to survive on food stamps and live in low-rent housing.  Make sense?
However, our own US Congress voted themselves a raise. Many of you don't know that they only have to be in Congress one time to receive a pension that is more than $15,000 per month. And most are now equal to being millionaires plus. They do not receive Social Security on retirement because they didn't have to pay into the system. If some of the military people stay in for 20 years and get out as an
E-7, they may receive a pension of $1,000 per month, and the very people who
placed them in harm's way receives a pension of $15,000 per month.

I would like to see our elected officials pick up a weapon and join ranks before they start cutting out benefits and lowering pay for our sons and daughters who are now fighting.

"When do we finally do something about this?"
Eagle's Nest Tree farm & Sawmill
BSA Scoutmaster Retired
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from
 too much government.
   Thomas Jefferson 1802
 No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
Re: Limbaugh Nailed This One
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 01:04:30 PM »
We solve this problem by throwing them all out of office from the ground up! 

Get involved in your local polotics and before you know it there are LOTS of people getting involved.

I attended a caucas dinner for all the Republican candidates in Illinois and the chairman of that district stated the numbers at this dinner are three times what they have EVER been.  The more people get involved the more others will.  People are looking for leaders so jump in and take back our country!
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline HaroldCR - AKA Fla.-Deadheader

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 05:36:36 PM »

Back in the Clinton Days, it was a common saying, 'Draft Dodger living in the White House, while Veterans lived under bridges, in Cardboard boxes.

That's the generation that is the "Gimme,Gimme, attitude. 

When the shooting starts, I will come up and bag a few for y'all.  >:D >:D

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 06:41:58 PM »
Rest assured we are locked and loaded!  The midwest is not going to be a place to screw around with! 

Offline POC

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 12:52:57 AM »
Cocked and loaded.
The whole government is fat and lazy.  It has so grown beyond what was intended.
I wasn't in the military, I chose not to be.  I am so glad that there are people that want to be so that others don't HAVE to be.  My hats off to them and everyone ever in the military.

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 10:29:53 AM »
Thats what makes this country great POC!

Freedom to choose their path in life!  Sadly our governemnt keeps establishing entitelment programs and are creating a mentality of dependancy that is going to destroy this country, if it hasnt already. 

Those of us that have served in the military never did so with expectation of entitlements.  We now have a class of people that are totally dependent on the government with no plans of ever getting off there keaster and working.  Sure, some cant and those are the ones the system was designed for but now with the help of lawyers we have created a new class of dependancy and they are rapidly growing in numbers to the point they will be the majority.

Offline POC

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 03:14:43 PM »
Working in the medical field, especially the ER, I come in contact with these people EVERY SINGLE DAY (that I work).  It is sickening.
We were just discussing some of this at work lastnight, we do most nights.  People who take rides in the ambulance to the ER for things like TICK BITES.  Saying they "didn't have a ride", but then lo and behold, when it is time for them to leave, they make a phone call (usually on their cell phone) and someone shows up to get them.  Some of the doctors and nurses call people on this kind of thing.  Telling them it is "not proper use of emergency resources", then they get called to the administrators office and chewed on because we're "hurting business".  How is that?  When Medicaid pays .14/$1.  There is a little known, outside of healthcare circles, program where a hosptial can be declared "Critical Access", you have to have X% of you patients being Medicaid or "self-no-pay".  I think the % is 14 or 17.
So the hospital I work for gets a hefty chunk of money from the Feds each year because we serve this "population".  Hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Now, the hospital won't get it if we don't have documentation of these people, so when people are registering and they don't have insurance, they get a little card to fill out, then the hospital can "take as a loss" the bill, thereby getting more money from the Feds the following year.
Things won't change until the government stops with these "perks".  I understand the reasoning behind it, if the hospital serving these people didn't get some money from somewhere it would go out of business, and I wouldn't have a job, I appreciate it.  But on the other hand, it really irritates me when I'm "serving" (not caring for, as a nurse should, but serving, like a waiter) these people, mindful to not make them angry cause I'll get "turned in", meanwhile, knowing that they aren't going to pay a single penny of the bill. In fact, *I'm* paying the bill out of my check!!  I'm working for myself? Does that even make sense?
I could go on and on.......

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 04:00:35 PM »
Dont get me started. I was bringing those very people to the hospital in our Ambulance almost daily! 

They are scum bag low life good for nothing dirt bags!  I have no use for them and we are now refusing transports if its not an EMERGENCY! 

We are calling them out on the state legislation for our 911 system and if they acknowledge in our assesment that its not a life threatning situation we advise them to contact there doctor and/or get a ride to the hospital but our ambulance is not for non emergency transports.

You know right away if the call is worthy of transport as some folks do need it but we have stopped being a taxi. I was informed be several that they were going to sue us if we didnt do as they asked and I let them know that is their right in this country and if interested I could give them a name of a good lawyer! 

They are all talk and even if they did sue they dont have leg to stand on.  We cant operate an ambulance and not get paid.  Medicade only pays $65 for a transport and that wont even cover our EMT wages, let alone supplies and ambulance upkeep. 

We need medical directors with BALLS! 

Offline POC

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2010, 06:40:42 PM »
Kirk, we are a lot "closer" than just being geographically nearby.  I ran on the ambulance before I went to nursing school.  I was on the towns volunteer FD for 6 years, Administrator and Training Officer.

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2010, 09:07:37 PM »
I hear you!  Chief of our local VOL department and EMT for the last 4 years. 

Offline POC

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2010, 09:13:16 PM »
Underpaid and underappreciated.

I couldn't keep up with the FD, full-time student and full-time work.  I resigned and now my wife doesn't want me to go back to it.

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2010, 07:51:53 AM »
If you have kids its a killer.  My boy is grown and gone so its not to bad.  I could do without the Ambulance but I guess we help more folks with that than we do the FD. 

Only 28 calls on the FD last year.  over 200 for the ambulance :( and 75% of them we lucky to get a medicade payment out of.