alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Stupidity Prevails  (Read 10393 times)

Offline HaroldCR - AKA Fla.-Deadheader

• Old Timers Club
Stupidity Prevails
« on: February 08, 2010, 07:48:08 AM »
 Yesterday,Costa Rica elected it's first Woman President.

She grew up and lives in the worst Crime ridden area of CR. She grew up under the wing of a man that became President, passed laws banning anyone from doing things to benefit the Energy Policy of CR.

He installed several BIG Wind Turbines, 30 miles from here, on a mountain top above Arenal lake. Passed a law that no one could ever do it again.

He put serious restrictions on developing Water powered Electricity generation.

He stole the Treasury Blind, and lives in another Country (Switzerland)  ::) ::), Where he can not be extradited from.  ::) ::) ::)

He still has major influence over CR, through his thieving Cronies.  ::) ::) ::)

Her BEST competitor for the Presidency, wants to clean up the CRIMINAL element.

NOT cover the criminals faces when arrested for Dope sales and smuggling.

Eliminate those that are SERIOUS repeat offenders. Crime drains the economies of most countries around the world.

Do away with double-talking laws, that allow money people to slip through the cracks, unscathed.

HE lives in the Campo (Country), and understands the plight of the farmers and other producers of GOODS, vital to the good of the people.

In the Cities, drains from houses, STILL empty out in the street. Sometimes, the stench is breathtaking.

What the hell do stupid people think ???????????????????????????????????????

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
Re: Stupidity Prevails
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 07:53:29 AM »
They cant think, thats why they are stupid  :o

Is there something unique in CR that we dont have here in the US?  Sounds like the same old political crap is taking over the world.  :(
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 10:41:55 AM »

Can you elaborate on this question ???

Is there something unique in CR that we dont have here in the US?

The whole world is run by 2 classes of people. Those that all rub elbows at the Elite functions, and those that don't understand the mechanics of MONEY.  30 years ago, most workers had weekends off, made small mortgage payments that they could handle, drove used cars, and lived within their means.

Today, EVERYTHING is charged using Plastic. Can't pay online for Airline tickets-Plastic only. Can't rent a car-Plastic only.

Sheeple don't WANT the responsibility of carrying MONEY. MANY can't even count MONEY  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 11:17:48 AM »
My point with the question is that it sounds like the same problems your expressing in CR is excatly the problem here in the US.  Doesnt seem to matter where we go in the world, its all corupt.

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 12:35:23 PM »

You are exactly correct.  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 12:45:42 PM »
We have some old fire trustees that are mad at us for selling one of our old fire trucks that we dont use.  The truck was baught in 1956 complete for $3850.00 and we sold it to a Museum in New Zealand for $6700.00.  http://www.wanakatransportandtoymuseum.com/

These are the same trustees that sold our 1935 American Lafrance fire truck to the Shriners (themselves) for $1.00 then turned around and sold it for thousands of dollars.  Self serving burocrats that have the nerve to say we had no business selling it. 

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 04:53:39 PM »

Another slant on the Stupidity.

On the 12:30 news, there was a Furniture factory burning to the ground. Now, it ain't like y'all expect to see from up Nawth. This is an enclosed pole barn with all metal roof and siding, kind of building. Concrete floor, maybe.

Ennyhoo, guess what started the fire ???

WELDING SPARKS, IN A FURNITURE FACTORY. ????????????????????  Estupido no es correcto  ::) ::) ::) ::)

Try IDIOTS, instead.  Owners family lived UPSTAIRS  :o :o ::) ::) ::) :o :o :o :o

Ya oughta seen the water supply coming out the end of the 1½ line. With my bad prostate I could piss further.  ::) ::) ::) ::)  What volume and pressure does the Super striker need, to operate effectively ???  Wanna sell some nozzles ???  How's yer Espanol ???  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 05:11:43 PM »
50 psi at the nozzle provides just over 250 gpm and delivers it over 100 feet. 

The real problem from the fire flow standpoint is most of them had NO IDEA how to flow real water and when they do they cry and demand the pump operator back off the pressure so they can hold onto it with no effort. 

Firefighting takes strength and effort.  Key word, effort! 

I can take you to a major city that had 7 people die in a high rise and testing showed they were not even flowing 100gpm yet they "thought" they were flowing over 250 gpm.

I could go on and on about this one.  9 killed in a furniture manufacture plant in South Carolina and they STILL havent fixed there low flow mentality from what I saw a couple months ago.  Its beenabout 2 years since those guys got killed.

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2010, 05:13:53 PM »
Harold I PROVED to the largest fire training university in the world that what they were teaching only provides 50% of the flow they "think" they are getting.

Did they change the text books?  NO
Did they correct the teaching?  NO

They chalked it up to me being a good salesman and having a unique product. 

They FAILED to understand the whole point, regardless if they use our product, THEY ARE NOT FLOWING WHAT THEY ARE TEACHING! 

Ignroance is only a sin when its a prefered state of mind!

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2010, 05:42:09 PM »

One thing they DON'T have down here, is water towers. Gravity feed from higher elevations, and, pumps where necessary.  ::) ::) ::)

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2010, 10:02:23 AM »
They dont have to many in Riverside, CA either.  Gravity feed system from the mountains and they have over 150 psi at the hydrant.  Homes have pressure reducers installed to prevent lines from blowing.  Little need for pumps with that kind of pressure.

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2010, 11:12:14 AM »

I agree with the pressure thing.

here, they built a few houses and installed piping. More houses, and just tapped off the existing piping. MORE houses, same old piping.

When I redid the piping up to this house, it had ½" flexible black poly pipe. I switched it to ¾" hard PVC. Neighbor said I was crazy. He put ½" back. I have more capacity from less friction, and better pressure. He just can't see why  ::) ::)

This is all off 2" piping that runs for miles.  ::) ::) ::)  A fire here, just break out the weiners. Ya ain't gonna put it out. ???  ::) ::) ::)