alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Finally....surgery is scheduled!  (Read 10843 times)

Offline SDB777

• Senior Contributor
Finally....surgery is scheduled!
« on: July 14, 2010, 01:15:26 PM »
Seems after all the phone calls to WorkersComp, something is finally going to happen!
Tired of fighting them since February, but I guess they have a 'paybook of delaying tactics' that they have to follow.  But it seems they would want to get someone fixed and off the insurance 'tit'?  Had started talking to laywers to see if there was a way that I could sue them for pain/suffering?  Could be done, but the lawyers would be the only people to get a check and I would be lucky to get a few nickels....wrong race I guess?(I want to say I am in no way a racist....just calling it like I see it)
This coming Monday at 0530, I should be laying on the table getting ready to have a hole cut in my back....wonderful!
After the surgery life with be a little rough, I get a week off and then it's back to therapy for up to 10 weeks!(That's going to suck!)

Scott (can't wait to get up in the morning and not hurt) B
Just got my website up/running:    www.slabsblanksandboards.com
Where I get 95% of my chainsaw needs:    www.pinnaclearboristsupplies.com/

Offline HaroldCR - AKA Fla.-Deadheader

• Old Timers Club
Re: Finally....surgery is scheduled!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 02:03:34 PM »

Good Luck with the Surgery.  :)

Offline mike p

• Senior Contributor
  • adicted to the aroma of oak
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 06:02:24 PM »
man i feel for you
i been refusing the knife for years as long as the pills let me continue i good
Eagle's Nest Tree farm & Sawmill
BSA Scoutmaster Retired
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from
 too much government.
   Thomas Jefferson 1802
 No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Stevem

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 12:29:32 AM »
That's a push, pills or a knife.  Think I'll just pass on both.

Good luck on the table.  My thoughts are with you
Stevem
Because you can doesn't mean you should!

Offline SDB777

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 06:45:23 AM »
man i feel for you
i been refusing the knife for years as long as the pills let me continue i good

Trust me....
I had refused the knife for as long as I could.  But when you wake up in pain(feels like someone putting a 'death squeeze' on the back of my right leg) and then eat 10 different pills(some for pain, and some to counter-act what the pills side effects are) and still feel like complete crap.  Enough was enough and I'll let them cut that chunk of crud off the nerve bundle, if for nothing other then to get off those damn pills(those are probably worse for humans then anything)!
Just hope that when I return to work(more then likely be fired that day-they replaced me with three people), I don't get hurt again.  I'll need to be quite careful not to rupture the disc above and below the one being worked on....then it with involve 'fusing the discs' together.  And that would limit the flexibility in the spine, causing more problems as time goes by....never ending cycle.

Scott (stay safe, stay healthy) B

Offline SDB777

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 06:45:52 AM »
Good Luck with the Surgery.  :)

Thanks!

Scott (it's appreciated) B

Offline SDB777

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 06:50:08 AM »
That's a push, pills or a knife.  Think I'll just pass on both.

Good luck on the table.  My thoughts are with you

Already told the nurses, I want my underwear put in my pocket after....they didn't get it.  Use that same line when I get a tooth pulled(I like to be completely out of it for that kind of stuff)...and the dentist nurse staff is confused also.

Guess I'll know how my dog felt when laying on the table?  ACL replacement for her...  She is doing fine now, thing is she got hurt after me....go figure a dog would get better medical attention then I?!?!?!

Scott (then again, no WorkComp for the dog) B

Offline SDB777

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2010, 07:10:37 AM »
UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't want to get posting stuff yesterday, the Oxy would have had me just typing gibberish!

Got into the hospital at 5:22am yesterday, signed in and was taken to the other waiting area. No more then got signed in there and off to 'prep' to do some more waiting. Requested the IV be put in my left hand, but the nurse just said "Nope", and stuck it in my right wrist....

Lots of questions and finally the doc showed at 7:22am, and they wheeled me to the "Room", hooked up some more wires and gadgets, flattened the bed, stuck a breathing thing over my nose/face......I wake up at 9:45am!

Throat sore, back feeling like I was crowding Home Plate and the pitcher got me with a 90MPH fastball square in the center of my back! But the burning/squeezing feeling in my leg was gone!

Got wheeled to a recovery room. 1022am......I am standing, 1024am......I am walking! Did the pee-pee thing, told the nurse and sat in the chair next to the bed.

I wanted to go home! After waiting until 12:20pm for someone, somewhere to get some paperwork for me to sign(discharge paperwork)....and then searching for a wheelchair(I really wanted to walk, but policy is what it is), I was getting in the truck at 12:38pm!!!!

All in all, got to say the disc being taken out was exactly what was needed to give me some relief! That's for all the comments everyone!!!

Scott (you can stare at your finger for hours after 3 Oxy pills) B

Offline Carl Middleton

• Senior Contributor
    • www.bktimbermill.com
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2010, 07:59:16 AM »
Glad to hear it went well Scott. I herniated 3 disks in my back about 10 years ago and the doc said surgery was a 50/50 shot could be better or could make it worse so I chose not. I do Petty good all in all but I know the days to take it easy in about 5 min after starting work :o Doc told me my back was 10 years older then me :o Not surprised though after 37 years of working in concrete

Offline HaroldCR - AKA Fla.-Deadheader

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2010, 02:05:05 PM »

Good news. Good news.  Glad to hear you are doing well. Hopefully, this will alleviate your problem. GO SLOW. Take it easy. Heal well.