alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Pen blanks  (Read 5431 times)

Offline SDB777

• Senior Contributor
Pen blanks
« on: August 25, 2010, 08:05:03 PM »
Not having a pressure pot, I was pretty much forced to send off some wood.

Well, it arrived today.  Just wish I could describe what it looks like....words fail the beauty that will be displayed when I get it turned into a Sedona Rollerball pen.

I sent off a log(8x8x14 inches all), and received 42 7/8sq x 6" blanks.  The wood?  Wormed out persimmon!
The guy used an acrylic swirled mix of resin of three different colors per blank.  Most blanks were a mixture of black-gold-purple, blue(aqua)-pink-white, maroon-gray-burgandy....and more.

Wood prior to being sent off was worth maybe $2.00 for the whole chunk.  Now, it's worth over $600 for the bunch, and when put on pen kits.....$3,150.00!!!!!

So what am I trying to tell ya'll?

The wood you have sitting around that you may think is completely worthless can be very profittable.

Scott (never throw anything away) B
Just got my website up/running:    www.slabsblanksandboards.com
Where I get 95% of my chainsaw needs:    www.pinnaclearboristsupplies.com/