alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Cyclone Dust Collector  (Read 9254 times)

Offline Wes

• New Contributor
Cyclone Dust Collector
« on: September 14, 2010, 07:47:46 PM »
I have a 2 HP Tempest Cyclone Separator for sale, made by Penn State Industries. I'm asking 500$ and the buyer pays for freight unless picking up at my shop location. This one is in great shape with only approx. 150 logged hours of use since purchasing 2 years ago. This one has worked great but I am buying a larger unit because of increased productivity in my shop. This came with a 1 micron filter bag that I never used and is included. Also included are the wall mounting brackets and all other accessories that came from the factory with this cyclone. Total weight is 125 lbs. so will need to be sent freight (which is how I received it from the factory) unless you can pick up at my location. I am located in southern Indiana about one hour drive south of Indianapolis and 2 hours north of Louisville. Because this item is heavy/bulky I won't ship outside the continental U.S. To reach me call 812-325-0466 and leave a message if I don't pick up.  Feel free to call or PM me here on the forum. I'll respond either way.

Below is some more info I got off the Penn State Industries website:

This small shop cyclone is ideal to connect to a single machine. Ideal for small basement or garage shop:

• Up to 5 drops

• Up to 15ft run

• Shop size to 400sq ft

• 650 CFM

•2.0 HP motor

PSI Tempest Cyclones are known to be the cleanest dust collection systems on the market. The cyclonic separation process captures 99.98% of all wood chips and dust particles that enter the collector. Centrifugal force drops particles of all sizes out of the air stream - everything from chips to microscopic particles. A dust bin positioned underneath the cyclone funnel captures the dust and chips in a trash container.

A Great Motor with a Great Warranty

TEMPEST motors are designed and manufactured by an ISO 9001 certified manufacturer for continuous duty. The motors offer such exceptional reliability that Penn State Industries offers a 5-year warranty on the motor/blower assembly.

And, again, this unit was purchased only 2 years ago so is still under the manufacturer warranty.

Check out Penn State Industries online and note that, if you were thinking of buying one of these units you can save quite a bit by getting this one used from me, which is in great shape. Also keep in mind that the price you see on the Penn State website for the unit does not include their freight charge. Also, I can email pics if you are interested.

Thanks for your interest. -Wes