alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Web Hosting with free domain name regestration $35.00 / year  (Read 17170 times)

Offline Tree Bones

• Contributor
  • The bravest of all is he who conquers himself.
    • Ron Trout Sawmill
Web Hosting with free domain name regestration $35.00 / year
« on: September 23, 2010, 05:06:16 PM »
Here is a good opportunity to launch a web site and help advertise your business. Galaxy Host is offering a limited number of web hosting accounts with free domain name registration. Only $35.00 per year. Anytime money back guarantee! Comes with the industry standard cPanel and one click installations of all the popular scripts and web site building tools using Fantistico and Simple Scripts. If $35.00 still seems like to much then just ask about free space available to Saw & Timber members.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 05:31:13 PM by Tree Bones »

Offline mike p

• Senior Contributor
  • adicted to the aroma of oak
Re: Web Hosting with free domain name regestration $35.00 / year
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 09:16:15 PM »
well that sounds good but you lost me in termanolagy
Eagle's Nest Tree farm & Sawmill
BSA Scoutmaster Retired
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from
 too much government.
   Thomas Jefferson 1802
 No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Tree Bones

• Contributor
    • Ron Trout Sawmill
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 10:41:14 AM »
Just ask and I am happy to help with questions.

Been building my website design skills and still offer help to anyone who would like to have there own website. The feed back from those who I have helped to get their business on line has convinced me that this is a worth while venture. Just ask and I can send links to see some of the sites I have made. Without question this is a great way to get started. If funding is a concern let me know and free space is available along with some coaching on how to get up and running.

It is is my goal help individuals and the small sawmill industry as a whole. Building an on line business presence should bring in work and not take away from your resources.

Offline HaroldCR - AKA Fla.-Deadheader

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 04:53:35 AM »

Howdy
 Would this also allow us to have access, to make changes to our sites ?? I'm needing to get one put up. I have put together a couple of sites, in the past, using "Front Page", and also, the one at Internet Solutions, that they offer, when you get your Site name registered.

This was all a few years back. I'm sure things have changed since then ??? ???

Offline Tree Bones

• Contributor
    • Ron Trout Sawmill
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 08:44:53 AM »
There are many options.  If you are comfortable with front page you can use it or there are many other site building tools you can chose from that can be updated anytime. Some for beginners and others for more advanced users. I can build a site for you if you need. Just ask and I am happy to help.

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 05:57:56 PM »

Sounds good, Ron. I will definitely be in touch, right after I get back home.  Thanks,  Harold

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2011, 02:04:16 PM »
 Hi Ron
 Ok, I need to get started. I used to use an FTP account. When I went to network Solutions, I simply uploaded my stuff to their server.

What do I need to do, to get my stuff on your server ??

I will put together a couple of pages, to start, of Wood Pen Blanks, then, upgrade from there.

I also want to list Farms and houses for sale, in Cr, probably with a link ???  Would it be better to put something like " Costa Rica Woods and properties" as the Site name ??  I still have to search for an available business name.

What about "Meta tags" and such ?? As I wrote a few days ago, I may as well be new to this, because I was into it about 9-10 years ago ???

I can also pay using Paypal, or, have my Daughter mail a check (Which would be good),  ;D ;D after the 15th of July.

I would like to view a few of your sites you host, to get some ideas of what I can do.

Thanks, Harold

Offline Stevem

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2011, 08:19:53 PM »
"Meta Words" is what I think you're trying to say. 

U can buy your way to the top of a web search but Goby Walnut uses meta words to make sure they are on the first page of a web  search for walnut slabs. 

I can right click with Mozilla Firefox and get a menu  that has "Page Source" click on that and you can see the meta words used.

Goby's meta words:

<meta name="keywords" content="figured maple, curly maple, quilted maple, walnut lumber, walnut slabs, wood slabs, claro walnut, walnut wood, black walnut lumber, walnut boards, figured walnut, figured maple, gunstock blanks, gunstock walnut, walnut veneer, veneer lumber, music wood, turning stock, walnut guitar, tonewoods, back and side sets, guitar sets, guitar tonewoods, walnut ukulele, ukulele, mandolin, electric guitar, drop tops, droptop, guitar neck, neck wood, AAAA wood, AAA wood, luthier, luthiers, lutherie, baritone, tenor, OM, dreadnoght, flamed, figured, quilted, quartersawn, vertical grain, spalted maple, frog skin, Oregon Big Leaf Maple, Bastogne walnut, Juglans Nigra, Juglans Hindsii, Juglans Regina, English Walnut, hybrid, walnut flooring, Kasha, Breedlove Guitar, Luthiers Merchantile, Stewart-MacDonald, Stewmac, tonewood, musicwood" />

example from this site:

meta name="keywords" content="PHP, MySQL, bulletin, board, free, open, source, smf, simple, machines, forum"

(this needs revised)

Example from Forestry Forum:

meta name="keywords" content="forestry, Lumber, sawmills, sawmill, swingmill, chainsaw, woodworking, turning,timber, logging, forester, trees, saw, timber, sawing"

(Kirk take note!!!)

Harold, I'd think you'd want to include such things as "exotic wood, pen blanks, turning wood, wood turning, teak, etc."  I don't think there is a limit as to numbers but it does make you think about what you do and want to do.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 08:28:51 PM by Stevem »
Stevem
Because you can doesn't mean you should!

Offline Tree Bones

• Contributor
    • Ron Trout Sawmill
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2011, 09:28:56 PM »
Harold,
 I am on the road until the 21st. If you can hold off until then and I will put together a package for you as soon as I return. It is easier from my home computer. What kind of site building tools do you use?

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2011, 06:41:51 AM »

Thanks Steve.  My Guru that died recently, would take all my stuff and "quick scan" all the html code.. He was a genius with this stuff. We had one of the first Shopping carts on the Internet.

Shipping from here is expensive.  I just returned from Florida, where I carried about 400 Pen Blanks. Sold a box of 100, and my Daughter will mail out whatever orders we can muster.

The shipping industry has NO mercy. USPS has the best Bulk rates.  I had someone in Australia want about 25 pieces of Pen Stock. Would have been $78.00+ change from here. It's $48.00+ change from Florida ???  >:( >:(  Can't imagine UPS and DHL prices  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Ron, I will be waiting for whatever you can help me with. I'm not in a life or death situation, so, yesterday will be fine.  >:D >:D :D :D :D :D :D

I used Front Page and Photoshop. I have copies of my one site, if you would like to see them, I can email them.

Anyone else that has suggestions, please jump in here. I need to hear about stuff I would not think of.

I know a guy from SA that shipped stuff sealed in Plastic Bags. He sold a LOT of stuff, but, the WWF is effectively buying Govt officials and shutting down the Tree harvesting. What a freaking disaster this will be. COMPLETE rainforest destruction and the growing of massive amounts of Cocaine, to replace the trees that are clearcut and burned for Charcoal production.  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Offline Tree Bones

• Contributor
    • Ron Trout Sawmill
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2011, 01:07:51 PM »
Happy Fathers Day everyone. I am taking the day off before heading home tomorrow (8 hour drive. Will check in after getting home.