alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Lucas Boot Camp  (Read 7909 times)

Offline Stevem

• Old Timers Club
Lucas Boot Camp
« on: June 28, 2010, 03:20:59 PM »
Went down this weekend to CA to Balyes to attend their first ever "Boot Camp" for the Lucas mill.  It was well spent money for me.

Learned lots of good thing and met some good people.  Here's one:  http://www.treetotable.com/  Dan provided some of the walnut logs they cut.  No I didn't get any pictures  because my camera is broke and I need to get a new one.  I've invited him to drop in on us.  Might be some pictures on another fourm though.

Most impressive to me was that Warren Lucas was there with his side kick Duddley.  I get the feeling they really care about their customer base.  Both worked up a good sweat in the California sun.  Good people and I do enjoy hearing the Aussies talk.  I really  enjoy the slang.  Probably had 40 people show up so maybe they paid for their plane tickets.  One guy came all the way from Tallahasse, FA but he was double dipping 'cuse he wife wanted to see some friends so they made it a business trip

Lucas brought with them saws that Baileys doesn't handle on a regular bassis.  Had a wide frame saw with slabber attachment that would cut a 7' wide slab.  Now that's a chunk of wood.  Mine only does 5'.   Also had a minni saw, like a 5" version. 

Stevem
Because you can doesn't mean you should!

Offline SDB777

• Senior Contributor
Re: Lucas Boot Camp
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 07:48:12 PM »
Sounds like you had a fun time!

Just wish they could have one in the center of the country.  Be a little easier for more people to try and make it....  Although, I'm sure they know more then I do when scheduling something like this.

To bad about the camera.  Sure would have liked to seen some photos....

Scott (always next time) B
Just got my website up/running:    www.slabsblanksandboards.com
Where I get 95% of my chainsaw needs:    www.pinnaclearboristsupplies.com/

Offline Frank Pender - AKA "Tail Gunner"

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
    • www.TanglewoodTimber@aol.com
Re: Lucas Boot Camp
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 11:15:21 PM »
I dsesigned a system to attatch one to my MD MIll.