alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: DID YOU KNOW?  (Read 6418 times)

Offline mike p

• Senior Contributor
  • adicted to the aroma of oak
DID YOU KNOW?
« on: November 03, 2010, 08:04:10 PM »
DID YOU KNOW?
As you walk up the steps to the building which houses the U..S Supreme Court you can see near the top of the building a row of the world's law givers and each one is facing one in the middle who is facing forward with a full frontal view ... It is Moses and he is holding the Ten Commandments!

As you enter the Supreme Court courtroom, the two huge oak doors have the Ten Commandments engraved on each lower portion of each door.
As you sit inside the courtroom, you can see the wall, right above where the Supreme Court Judges sit, a display of the Ten Commandments
There are Bible verses etched in stone all over the Federal Buildings and Monuments in Washington , D.C.

the fourth president, known as 'The Father of Our Constitution' James Madison ,made the
Following statement:

'We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control  ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God.'

DID YOU KNOW?
Every session of Congress begins with a prayer by a paid preacher, whose salary has been paid by the taxpayer since 1777.

Fifty-two of the 55 founders of the Constitution were members of the established Orthodox churches in the colonies..

Thomas Jefferson worried that the Courts would overstep their authority and instead of Interpreting the law would begin making law an oligarchy the rule of few over many.

How then, have we gotten to the point that everything we have done for 220 years in this Country is now suddenly wrong and Unconstitutional?

Eagle's Nest Tree farm & Sawmill
BSA Scoutmaster Retired
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from
 too much government.
   Thomas Jefferson 1802
 No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline SDB777

• Senior Contributor
Re: DID YOU KNOW?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 05:20:05 AM »
Not to offend anyone...

By appeasing the smaller group within the community.  For instance, the laws now enacted to penalize "Hate Crimes".  I guess beating a gay man, a black man, or whatever is worse then beating a white man, straight man, or whatever.(Myself, I don't see a difference, a beating is a beating and should be treated as such)

One person in the community doesn't like guns and thinks anyone that has one for protection is a criminal.  So we should all bend over and please this one person?  I think not!  Not to offend any police officers we might have here but....  The job of the police department has changed over the years from protection to 'mop up'.  Too many times I've heard the quote, "Call a cop, call for a pizza...." or "When seconds count, the cops are only minutes away...."  Depending on where you live, these statements may be true....and you need to be armed and responsible for your own well-being!

Now if there was ever a case for a "soap party"(ask your military friends if you don't know what this is), the guy in Florida that thinks "GOD" needs to be removed from everything because it offends him.  He went after the Pledge first in school, and won!  WTF!!!  He wasn't even in school....  Trying to please that one person, just one... will probably be the biggest factor in this country failing.

To early for all this negative thinking, I'm gonna go cut something up!!

Scott (bad thoughts out, good thoughts in) B
Just got my website up/running:    www.slabsblanksandboards.com
Where I get 95% of my chainsaw needs:    www.pinnaclearboristsupplies.com/

Offline Stevem

• Old Timers Club
Re: DID YOU KNOW?
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 11:46:44 PM »
Agree with that point.

We get criticized with our own standards even if the critic doesn't believe them.  Thus the person that believes in free speech tells you, "You can't say that" about me.

It seems, thanks in part to our present judicial system, if it's illegal it must be moral.  So let's make it illegal.  We have thus relegated our moral standards to the courts.  And yet a "good" judge is supposed to be amoral (a = apart from) but holds you to your sworn oath on a holy book.

But realize I'm probably a terrorist having got out of the military, believe in God
and the 2nd amendment to the Constitution.  Now just because I fit the profile you can't pick on me.  :angel:

Thought it was a blanket party?

Stevem
Because you can doesn't mean you should!