alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Internet taking over  (Read 26232 times)

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
Internet taking over
« on: February 09, 2008, 10:49:02 PM »
One thing we noticed at the Woodworking show in St. Louis and Indy was the lack of real wood working handtools.  Lee Valley had a few but they were it.  No other company selling the good old fasion quality planes, chisels etc.  Seems like most of the sales now days are going way of of the internet, which is a great way to keep the cost down for the manufactures but they dont seem to be passing that on to the consumer. 
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline Nannette

• ทางเข้า sbobet
  • New Contributor
Re: Internet taking over
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 09:54:34 PM »
Welcome to the tutor of human science. We have a place to teach.

Offline starmac

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 10:28:13 PM »
I am outdated, and like to look at and feel what I am buying myself. I am not big on long distance sales unless I know the product well.

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
  • Trying to learn/remember something new every day.
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 08:58:08 AM »
That's a very good point, starmac.  I too struggle with buying something unknown on the internet.  My deciding factor is ease of returns. 

I see you're new, Nannette.  Welcome!  You're free to say what you want and how you want here.  It's great!
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools