alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Just Heppin Out  (Read 26839 times)

Offline HaroldCR - AKA Fla.-Deadheader

• Old Timers Club
Just Heppin Out
« on: January 12, 2011, 02:49:53 PM »

I see where all y'all in Illynoise are going to donate another 66% of your salary taxes, to hep out them politicos.

Liked how they snuck it in, just before the new broom started it's sweep.  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D

Shore is nice of Y'all.  :D :D :D :D

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
Re: Just Heppin Out
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 06:13:05 AM »
I bet you are trying to wind Kirk up a little?  ;D
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

If anyone has any issues, I can be reached at the number above, anytime.

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 08:47:26 AM »

Just trying to get a little honest opinion. That's all  ::) ::) >:D >:D

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 05:52:35 PM »
Honest Opinion?  Right Now I am trying not to go postal!

Got this from my Senator today.  The press had it wrong!  It was 67% and THATS NOT ALL!

At noon Wednesday, January 12, the 96th General Assembly came to a close, as the new 97th General Assembly took the oath of office. But before that occurred, Democrat leaders pushed through a measure that will raise personal income taxes by 67 percent, reinstate the death tax, and raise corporate taxes by almost 50 percent. This legislation, referenced as House Amendment one and three to Senate Bill 2505, also contained what the proponents claimed to be “spending caps.” But these so called caps will allow for state government spending to increase by 17 percent over the next four years, amounting to $5.5 billion in new spending. To put that figure in context, former Governor Rod Blagojevich, with the help of the then Democrat majority in the General Assembly in 2003 through 2006 increased spending by $1 billion less.

Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 08:02:15 PM »

Aren't some of the Obamanator's staff quitting the White House and going to run for office in Illynoise ???

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 07:30:54 AM »
The Chief Of Staff, Rom Emanuel is now running for Mayor of Chicago.  He was replaced by the current Mayors brother!  I suspect when Rom becomes Mayor of Chicago the out going mayor Dailey will become an Ambasador to some place like Costa Rica  ;D   You can have him!

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 12:23:49 PM »
 Send him right on down. He can be headmaster of my Tree maintenance crew. In fact, he can BE the crew. I have no problem with that, OR, the fact that I just cleaned my Pistol.  >:D >:D

Offline Carl Middleton

• Senior Contributor
    • www.bktimbermill.com
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2011, 03:26:36 PM »
You could always fell a tree on him :laugh:

Offline mike p

• Senior Contributor
  • adicted to the aroma of oak
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2011, 03:32:14 PM »
i would think the new rep would be scrapping this
sounds like the kid in arazona picked the wrong target
Eagle's Nest Tree farm & Sawmill
BSA Scoutmaster Retired
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from
 too much government.
   Thomas Jefferson 1802
 No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2011, 06:05:18 PM »
They could try to scrap it but the R's still dont control things.  Chicago runs this state and its Bankrupt! 

Watch us disinigrate when food prices climb so high the low lifes cant buy enough food to survive with their food stamps!  Inflation will destroy those people and that is excatly what the left wants to happen to start the revolution and creat a new system.  Cloward and Piven hard at work!

Offline Frank Pender - AKA "Tail Gunner"

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
    • www.TanglewoodTimber@aol.com
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2011, 06:24:38 PM »
I am sure glad you started this first, Harold.  I had thought about it a few days ago, when I heard. 

We just got an increase from our utility company. They have been allowed to give the consumer a 14.5% increase as of January 1, this year.  Now, do I increase my new costs onto the folks that want their lumber dried, since the majority of my costs are for fans, water pump and heat exchanger operation.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 07:17:29 PM by Frank Pender - AKA "Tail Gunner" »

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2011, 07:19:03 PM »
IT gets worse.  Found out today after reading the new tax bill they also passed a Death Tax of 5%.

These son-of-a-bitches just wont stop >:(

Oh, and if that wasnt enough, tax assesment letter came today and those bastards raised our assesment 10% >:(

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2011, 08:54:29 PM »

MY taxes, on just under 4 acres, are $58.00 per YEAR.
 Electrickery is 24 cents KWH.
 Phone is $26.00 per month, With DSL Internet. 
 Water is $4.00 per month.
 NO heat. No A/C.
 Building a 2KW+ Wind turbine.
 Have 500 watts of Solar Cells to build some panels.
 Have a small stream, avg. 25-30 Gal/min, in dry season, Up to MANY hundreds of Gallons, per minute,  depending on the rains. Need to get busy building the Turbine.         
 Have several Alternators, up to 24V-250A.
 Waiting for the motor, controller, throttle for my E-Bike, to be shipped down.
 Have a brand new rear swingarm, wheel, tire and driveshaft from a Honda Goldwing, waiting to be shipped down, for my E-trike build. Need a GOOD Hvy Dty CV Transmission, from a powerful Snow machine, to make the motor connection.
Have a 500 Amp military Starter-generator for the drive motor. Need a controller and misc. cables and such. Got the design all figured out.
 Watching Ebay for Alloy Spoked front Ninja Motorcycle wheels for my E-Trike, so I can start building that.  Motorcycle license is cheap. Registering 3 wheel Trike is still a Motorcycle. That's cheap.
 Plenty of fruit that hits the ground, to convert to Ethanol, if I want to run a Petrol Engine, but, WHY ???

Got chikkins. Got a good guard dog. Got the necessary backup, if needed. 

Just need that other Hooligan, Buzz, to come down and roll his sleeves up. Got plenty of projects to keep him entertained.  ;D ;D

Just need Deep Cycle batteries. Have 4 APC UPS's, for Inverters.

Got 750 Trees getting bigger all the time, for repairs to house, shop, new shop, other projects.
 Got 2 decent garden spots worked up. Just need some BS to fertilize with.

I'm getting near to being self sufficient.

Y'all come.  ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

And, KIRK, we got corruption just like y'all, so, you would be right at home.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Stevem

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2011, 01:30:18 AM »
Harold,

Are you an instigator?  Got Frank and Kirk wound up
Stevem
Because you can doesn't mean you should!

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2011, 06:44:47 AM »
Harold is just winding Kirk's spring a little tighter for him so he won't need any batteries.  ;D

So Harold, isn't Florida Dead Header or something like that down there in your area also? And....are you ever planning on moving back or do you now own your property and have attained citizenship or what?
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

If anyone has any issues, I can be reached at the number above, anytime.

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2011, 09:33:54 AM »

Actually, I'm just pointing out that there IS life outside the USA. It just looks to me like, y'all are working yer butts off, paying the man for elec., phone, water, sewer treatment, FUEL, more control, less police assistance, paying for housing scum of the earth, in nicer living quarters than most of them would EVER have on their own, this also includes the non-working sector or payees.

Costs keep going up. Profits keep getting squeezed.

Another American came down here. Bought a nice sized farm (lets say 100+ acres), I think it was more. He is a good business man, and, had a local partner. Now, 8-9 years later, the partner cashed out, several years ago, and the American has over 500 acres, in a few different areas, still close by.

He planted and sold saplings. Sold them around the world. He gets paid for the saplings, has them planted on HIS farms, and has them maintained by locals. When the trees are ready for first thinning, HE gets right of first refusal to buy the logs. HE has the portable sawmills. HE has built a woodworking shop, now rented out, due to slow economy.

Lets figure HE has 400 + acres in production. Figure 400 trees per acre, which HE sold at $25.00 per tree. In 7 years or so, he starts thinning 8-10" dia. trees, and gets 2 cuts per tree, maybe 3 on some species.

He pays around 30 cents a bd/ft for logs. He sells lumber for $2.00 bd/ft and UP, right now. All on HIS land. Markets here are fairly good, especially CHINESE markets. They will buy all that can be produced. There are fast growing trees, that saw very easily, and are used for forming boards for concrete work. 2 uses, maybe, and they are junk. Never ending market, and, plywood is VERY expensive here. These are the $2.00 bd/ft lumber.

Labor runs around $2.00 per hour +/-.  Y'all do the math.

I KNOW he was offered 5 Million dollars for a part interest in this business, 3 years ago, or so. Then, as the land opens up, he plants more trees. Cycle continues. Never has to look for standing timber. Only needs permisos from 1 govt. agency, to cut the trees, because they are PLANTATION trees. Some varieties are still not permitted to be cut, so, let them grow into LARGE trees. Just don't plant a LOT of them.

Anyone know of anything like this happening in the USA or Canada ???

That Florida Dead header guy ?? Isn't he that old fart, going bald, that moved to CR, bought a 4 acre spread, married a local Nurse, planted 750 trees, got permanent residency status, and does all the bitching on the sawing forums ???  Even winds up Kirk's spring, so he doesn't run down ???  ::) ::) >:D >:D  YEP, he's ma shadow.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I visit the family once or twice a year. Son came down in May, and plans on coming back this May. Fishing is GREAT, so I hear. Just wish this damn RAIN would stop, for a couple months, so I can get my Hydro system set up and working. Need to figure how to build a dam, so I can channel off the normal amount of flow in dry season, and still not have the system get washed away when the Downpours occur, during the wet season.  Whole system lays in a small valley type setting. ??????????

Offline Stevem

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2011, 04:57:39 PM »
Harold,

On your generator plans:  Have you seen these:?

http://www.windbluepower.com/category_s/1.htm
Stevem

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2011, 06:45:32 PM »

Yes I have, Steve. I built one already. Need to spin it up on the Lathe, with different pulley Diameters.

I want to let it run wild on the AC output, and rectify it at the battery location. Much better to push AC than DC voltage.

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2011, 05:45:35 PM »
Correction on the tax assesment.  They raised our farm ground 10% and our Home lot assement by 100%! >:( >:( >:(

Thats right!   100%  >:( >:( flippin increase in our home property tax.  I went to the assesors office today and there was a LINE of people and ALL of them ready to string up the tax man.  They have shifted to an Arial Mapping system they claim is more accurate and their numbers claim our lot is actually double what they thought it was!   >:(

Just a few tidbits thats going to push things to a new level.

This system they are using claims my 1 car garage measures 16’ wide and 36’ long, when in truth its only 10’ wide and 20 feet long.  That coupled with measuring from the road instead of the center of the ditch its clear they have us paying tax for the townships portion of the ditch.   And if that’s not bad enough, they claimed our attic was a finished attic, thus increasing the value.  Our attic is not finished and when I asked them why it was listed that it was I was told that probably when it was looked at there were curtains on the windows so they “assumed” it was a finished attic.  Just like they “assumed” our basement was a full basement when in fact it’s a 1/3 basement in a 1901 farm house and its brick not cement as they list on the tax assessors review.  ITS OUT OF CONTROL!  >:( >:( >:(

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2011, 02:01:39 PM »

Sounds to me like, A good, old fashioned, LYNCHIN PARTY is needed.  >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

All them govt. folk all immune to lawsuits for stupidity, or agressive false information, or any other ideas for suing them PERSONALLY ??????

I know you want to move to Alaska. Just remember one thing. As you get older, your body starts to slow down.  Yeah, I know. I said NOT ME, also.  ::) ::) ::) ::)

When that bitter wind and waist deep snow blow in, in the middle of the night, the heat quits working. The electrickery goes out. The water freezes, and the honey says, "Fix it", OR the potty dump line freezes, just think of me, sittin in my cut off jeans, having a Pina Fresco, not caring if some of that stuff doesn't work.

THERE'S ALWAYS MANANA.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2011, 06:53:26 PM »
Summer home in AK, winter home where its warm!

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2011, 09:16:56 AM »

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  Gotcha  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2011, 06:08:45 PM »

Kirk
 I see yer ROM Buddy got the court order to be taken off the Mayoral ballet.

Shows what kind of folks are in the Obomanators cabinet.  ::) ::) ::) ::)

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2011, 06:11:21 PM »
It was disclosed today that HALF of Obama's cabinet has not spoken with him since being put on the Cabinet.

Crooks!  Thats what they are!

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2011, 02:16:54 PM »
Email sent to our Township attorney, States Attorney, and our State Representative.  It will be interesting to see what happens.

Mr. Kash,
It has come to my attention that total disregard for the law has taken place by our tax assessor’s office and as a Township Supervisor, Multi Township board member and a citizen we must take appropriate action to correct this wrong.  I have attached the tax law information pertaining to this matter.

I have more than enough evidence to fight our personal tax’s increase and will do so but I also have to represent every taxpayer in our township and its clear the only way to do that is to force the tax assessor office to comply with the law.   I have corresponded with Roger Eddy on this matter and he has advised this be taken to the states attorney. 

That being the case I am requesting you take this matter to the States Attorney to take any and all legal recourse available under the laws we are supposed to be complying with. 

Specifically,
Reassessments:
By law, each property, other than farmland, must be viewed, inspected, and revalued once every four years (every three years in Cook County). Farmland is reassessed each year. Between these general assessments, assessors may revalue property if its value is incorrect.

A county board may, by resolution, divide the county into four assessment districts. In these counties, one district is reassessed each year on a rotating basis. In 1999, counties divided into four assessment districts included Christian, Clark, Crawford, Edgar, Effingham, JoDaviess, Lake, Madison, Massac, Menard, Monroe, Pulaski, and Tazewell. Cook County is divided into three
assessment districts by statute.

The law permits counties to adopt a quad system that basically breaks up a county into 4 quarters and each year only 1 quarter gets assessed.   The Edgar County, Illinois tax assessor office adopted this quad system in 1999.  This  year, 2010,  they implemented a new arial mapping system that makes their job easier because they can see all the property from above, thus nothing is hidden from view by trees etc.   

The problem is they implemented an easier way to do their job and in doing so reassessed the WHOLE COUNTY, which violates state law that specifically states it’s to be done every 4 years.  Implementing a new way to do the assessment does not authorize them to disregard the law that clearly states once every 4 years!  Their actions have caused the reassessment of ¾ of the county outside their pre-established assessment cycle.

Specifically I know Kansas Township is NOT to be reassessed until 2012.  This can easily be confirmed by the quad assessment schedule posted in the tax assessor’s office.  Kansas was reassessed in 2008, now this year 2010, and I am being told will be done again in 2012, so basically that will total THREE assessments in a 4 year period.  That is HARDLY in compliance with the law.  This same thing applies to every other township in this county but I only represent Kansas, Buck and Grandview. 

Personally they have reassessed my property and done so in violation of the quad assessment ordinance and with the new system they have raised my assessment for my home lot 104% because they claim they had not measured our lot correctly and this new system does.   Again, using a new system to do their job does not give them the authority to reassess property outside the quad assessment rules.  Please note that I am not the only person that has seen their tax’s go up triple digits outside their established scheduled reassessment period.   

When I confronted the tax assessors about being reassessed outside the quad schedule the response tells it all: “You have a great point and I cant tell you why”.  After three other peoples input the “opinion” was that the “NEW SYSTEM” (aerial mapping) had to be implemented so everyone got reassessed. 

Richard, how is it that a new way for them to do their jobs permits them to circumvent state law?  I think all would agree it doesn’t! 

IF you need further information or have any questions I ask that you please contact me ASAP as this must be remedied for everyone being reassessed outside the established schedule.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kirk Allen
Kansas Township Supervisor

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2011, 04:30:40 PM »

That's a good start.

I would try my best to find a way to hold them all PERSONALLY liable for corruptness, in circumventing the laws, never mind TOTAL stupidity.  >:D :laugh:

On another front, I see yer Bud, ole RAHM, has petitioned the court to reassess his Mayoral conquest.  :o :o ::) ::) ::)

Offline Frank Pender - AKA "Tail Gunner"

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
    • www.TanglewoodTimber@aol.com
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2011, 01:37:08 PM »
I had a citize attempt to bribe myself and 6 other SWCD ( soil and water conservation district) board member with a $100 each, if we would vote in a particular manner, as few nights ago.  He showed everyone the 6 large bills.  To say the least, it is in the hands of of grand jury and DA.  If they do not do something about the issue, I am headed to the state AG. 

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2011, 02:07:31 PM »

There's a phrase down here, Frank. It's called "Sin Verguenza", without shame.

It's past time to have some people grow some hair on their asses, and throw the crooked bastards in the STATE Pen, NOT the FED "Country Club".

Sic 'em, Frank.  >:D >:D >:D >:D

Offline SDB777

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2011, 02:43:55 PM »
I had a citize attempt to bribe myself and 6 other SWCD ( soil and water conservation district) board member with a $100 each, if we would vote in a particular manner, as few nights ago.  He showed everyone the 6 large bills.  To say the least, it is in the hands of of grand jury and DA.  If they do not do something about the issue, I am headed to the state AG. 

To bad the same guy already bribed the Grand Jury members and the DA is his brother in law!  And the AG.....sorry, but he's on the payroll too.

Now I'm just guessing at the above.  But my guess is probably right....

There's seems to be plenty of land for sale here in Arkansas, and so far the local state guberment isn't reaching to far up our wahzoo!  Come on down!!!

Scott (wahzoo'ing the wahzoo'r) B
Just got my website up/running:    www.slabsblanksandboards.com
Where I get 95% of my chainsaw needs:    www.pinnaclearboristsupplies.com/

Offline Stevem

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2011, 05:24:45 PM »
A $100?  What's he think this is 1950?  He is out of date by about 50 years unless word got out you're really cheap. :laugh: :laugh:

Just remember the red neck defense of, "some people just need killing" will not hold up in court.
Stevem

Offline Carl Middleton

• Senior Contributor
    • www.bktimbermill.com
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2011, 05:22:51 AM »
$100.00  :laugh: :laugh: We call that beer money over here. :laugh:

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2011, 07:48:07 AM »
Buzz is running for school board and he had a contractor attempt to bribe the all the 9/12 candidates a $1000.  Claimed it was a campaign contribution but the truth is this guy wanted the contract for the new school.

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2011, 08:48:59 AM »

Just remember the red neck defense of, "some people just need killing" will not hold up in court

It certainly did, in Pindall, Arkansas shooting. I know the guy that shot 2 drunks, as they were pelting him with rocks. Both these drunks were lifelong trouble makers.

JUDGE said, "some folks just NEED killing".  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Stevem

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2011, 10:22:35 AM »
I'm moving then.
Stevem

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2011, 10:58:08 AM »
 One day, when I lived in Ar., I met the sheriff coming down the gravel road. It's a custom to stop, and visit.

He said, "have you heard about the robberies in the area ?? I said, yeah. My dad had a couple things taken out of his yard.

Sheriff said, they drive a RED car, so, if you see them, I want them. Red cars were NOT common in our area. I said, how bad do you want them ??

Sheriff said, -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Don't kill them unless you have to, BUT, I WANT THEM.  >:D >:D >:D >:D  My kind of Sheriff. 

He was also our neighbor, and, I sold him some "Garrant-teed, Charolais proof Corral Boards". He never had one board broken after that.  Charolais is a French breed type Beef cattle. Them are SOME BIG and powerful.  8)

Offline mike p

• Senior Contributor
  • adicted to the aroma of oak
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2011, 10:33:33 AM »
I'm moving then.
yea it seems all the good wood(big & free) in midwest is in ill, were you have no gun rights . but lots of polititons  that need taken out
i seen headge so big in ill i thought it was some other tree than the twisted scrawney stuff we got here. heck on my farm your luckey to have one good log & one short 2nd log in a tree most only have one log period , i seen trees at inlaws & on kirks farm that seem to just keep going up . wood take a hole different plan to drop one of those compared to my short trees
Eagle's Nest Tree farm & Sawmill
BSA Scoutmaster Retired
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from
 too much government.
   Thomas Jefferson 1802
 No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.

Thomas Jefferson