alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Greetings from Iowa!  (Read 15830 times)

Offline Cksawmilling

• Ha ha Your from where?
  • New Contributor
    • Cksawmilling
Greetings from Iowa!
« on: January 14, 2011, 11:05:59 PM »
All right stop laughing you guys.  My name is Chris and I have read this website(and a few others).  All the folks here are very knowledgeable and welcoming to all.  Thank god becouse we all need a place to ask questions and bounce ideas.  I have gotten a lot of good advice just by reading along.  I joined because I have read enough here and been unwelcome other places that this well.... kinda feels like home.

I own a LT 28 woodmizer, ya she's old but she all Ive known and i love her.  I also dabble in Stihl chain saws (Fix and sell new) i have a TC190, a mc250, and a 660. My 03 gmc has 404,000 beautiful trouble free miles and she works very hard every day.

I am no expert on much at 31yrs old but I will do my best to not dumb it up to much here.  I look forward to being apart of your world.

Cksawmilling :)
Nothing in this world is free, so Lord give me enough common sence to make and honest living and provided for my family.

Offline Stevem

• Old Timers Club
Re: Greetings from Iowa!
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 01:24:23 AM »
Welcome aboard Chris.  Everyones welcome here.

I did a little sawing with an LT28 in white oak way back when but didn't know a thing about set and could never figure out why it wouldn't cut.  I was used to insert teeth on a Mobil Dimension wheel saw and just couldn't make the connect with kerf and set.  Own a Lucas now.
Stevem
Because you can doesn't mean you should!

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 05:45:03 AM »
Welcome Chris!

Looks like we get to have some more Stihl vs Husky wars!  ;D

Im sure Jay wil pipe in on that one!  :D
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 06:29:50 AM »
Husky is a dog breed, yes?

Welcome to the club!
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

If anyone has any issues, I can be reached at the number above, anytime.

Offline Hoghead

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2011, 10:19:45 AM »
Chris,

Yes, Weclome aboard. While I'm just a new member as well, I've
came up with some useful information, as well.

Robert

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2011, 10:34:26 PM »

Welcome to the club!

Dont Start Jay!
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline mike p

• Senior Contributor
  • adicted to the aroma of oak
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 07:28:44 AM »

Welcome to the club!

welcome & how deee
yes it is i used to have a husky dog so i knoiw your right jay
Eagle's Nest Tree farm & Sawmill
BSA Scoutmaster Retired
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from
 too much government.
   Thomas Jefferson 1802
 No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Cksawmilling

• Ha ha Your from where?
  • New Contributor
    • Cksawmilling
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2011, 11:26:46 PM »
OK guys I"ve got a question for all of you.  Has any one bought or operated a "Woodmaster" brand molder/planner?  The company is Woodmaster Tool Inc. or woodmastertools.com/s/planners.cfm
Any info good or bad would be welcome, I'm thinking of perchasing one to continue to grow my business.
Also if any one has info about any comparable machine about the same price range?

And again I'm very glad to be apart of the family here!
Nothing in this world is free, so Lord give me enough common sence to make and honest living and provided for my family.

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 06:33:03 AM »
I own the 18 inch model, and wish I had bought the 24. Other then it is disgraceful how it planes boards with nails, it is great. Nails seem to ding the blades, leaving grooves on the finished board......however, planing boards with nails may not be Woodmaster's fault.....not sure! ;D
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

If anyone has any issues, I can be reached at the number above, anytime.

Offline Cksawmilling

• Ha ha Your from where?
  • New Contributor
    • Cksawmilling
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2011, 08:53:38 AM »
Thanks joasis, nails get us all at some point.  I was hoping to run some wide profiles for custom trim, and definatly the gang rip saw.  any advice on the qualitly of the profile knives?

Offline Stevem

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2011, 03:19:10 PM »
RBI makes a similar planer:  Same legacy

http://rbiwoodtools.com/
Stevem
Because you can doesn't mean you should!

Offline Crowder

• New Contributor
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2011, 12:07:08 PM »
I own 2 Woodmaster planers and run them every day.  Dollar for dollar you will not buy a better planer/molder.  Mine have paid for themselves time and time again.  I was in Kansas City this last weekend and had the opportunity to visit with the guys at Woodmaster and tour their facilities.  Top notch!  The bottom line....great machine with great people to back it up.

Offline Cksawmilling

• Ha ha Your from where?
  • New Contributor
    • Cksawmilling
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2011, 02:56:53 PM »
Thats exactly what i needed to here, im planning to head over to Carrol Ia to see a demo.  But the guy told me if i wanted to see the real potentianl of these machines I should go to the factory to watch.  Can i ask why two ?  And do you have a pro pack for them?

Offline Crowder

• New Contributor
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2011, 04:37:23 PM »
I have two for excess capacity when I need it.  Right now I have one set up as a dedicated ripsaw so I don't have to take the time to change over to the molder once I rip.  I do have the pro pack.  I use the molder and rip saw the most but the planer is a must have when you need to hog off material quickly and the sander is a life saver when you are doing glue ups. 

I know they would love to have you stop by so give them a call anytime.  Let me know if you have any other questions.