alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Visitors  (Read 9118 times)

Offline Hoghead

• Contributor
Visitors
« on: January 15, 2011, 10:27:52 AM »
Good Morning All,

Just a quick question.

How many of you would welcome a visit to your mill and of course you? Visit some, may
be have lunch or dinner. Heck, I might even buy, or at least consider the thought.

I go to Austin, Tx every year in the spring time, generally late March or early April. I go
through Amarillo, Abilene on my way to Austin. So a detour would be out of the question.

Thanks.

Robert

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
Re: Visitors
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 10:36:52 PM »
We are always open for visiters.  I try to visit other mills when ever I can but one word of caustion in todays digital world : Dont announce your going to be away from home! 

Handle the meeting times and dates via private messages as public forums have become a breading ground for burglers. 
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline SDB777

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 08:12:45 AM »
On my drive for work, I go by a fella working in his yard(ront-ish yard) everyday.  I too have thought about stopping and talking/watching this fella...but generally that is as far as that thought goes.  Guess it's because I don't really want to interupt the guy doing what is probably a paying job?

Maybe someday.....

I know he's cutting mostly oak beams, as I see the finished product sitting on a small flatbed truck in the driveway.

Scott (don't want to be the uninvited guy) B
Just got my website up/running:    www.slabsblanksandboards.com
Where I get 95% of my chainsaw needs:    www.pinnaclearboristsupplies.com/

Offline Hoghead

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 10:04:58 AM »
Kirk,

Your right about the details handled off line / private.

Robert

Offline Hoghead

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 10:06:28 AM »
Scott,

That fella you drive by is just an unknown friend at this time.

He'd probley be happy to have you stop by.

Robert

Offline Frank Pender - AKA "Tail Gunner"

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
    • www.TanglewoodTimber@aol.com
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 09:27:49 AM »
I have folks stop here all the time.  I would bet that there is not a week that passes, without a visitor for some reason or another.  I had one here last week that brought me over 500 pounds of Western Big Leaf Maple burl.   The next day someone happened by that want almost all of what arrived the day before.  A good day for visitors. ;D