alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Cedar or fir power poles (help)  (Read 6784 times)

Offline Cksawmilling

• Ha ha Your from where?
  • New Contributor
    • Cksawmilling
Cedar or fir power poles (help)
« on: January 25, 2011, 09:31:18 PM »
I'm looking for preferably cedar power poles to use in a new bar. They will be use to split ,core ,and wrap existing metal beam poles. if any one out there can help me please. I only need them to be 10' or so about 20-25" in diam.  I will travel almost any where to buy them.
Nothing in this world is free, so Lord give me enough common sence to make and honest living and provided for my family.

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
Re: Cedar or fir power poles (help)
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 08:37:28 AM »
All the cedar poles I have left are in the 12-16" range and only 8 footers.  Cedar is getting hard to come by in these parts as the power company switched to Fir.  Wont have any of those until the next ice or wind storm  ;D
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline mike p

• Senior Contributor
  • adicted to the aroma of oak
Re: Cedar or fir power poles (help)
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 05:44:30 PM »
one of the board mem,bers here gets all the power poles delivered to his place & has for last 4 years i been tryint to waight him out but getting weary
Eagle's Nest Tree farm & Sawmill
BSA Scoutmaster Retired
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from
 too much government.
   Thomas Jefferson 1802
 No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.

Thomas Jefferson