alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Greetings from E. Texas  (Read 32537 times)

Offline sawmill squaw

• Major Contributor
Re: Greetings from E. Texas
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2011, 06:36:25 AM »
LOL  How sweet!  You guys missed me!   8)

Where was I?  You see, I live soooo far out in the sticks that dial-up and Hughesnet were my only options for internet.  Tried to get Hughesnet one time.  The nice Installer Dude came out and ascertained that I needed a pole for the dish.  He then informed me he would charge $40 for the pole.  Ummm....no.  I informed the nice man that I would go out in the pasture, find him a metal pole, clean it up with a wire brush, dig the hole, put in the cement, etc, etc...for him.....but I would NOT pay $10/ft for a galvanized pole.  He left without installing Hughesnet. ($80/mth) I stayed with my dial up.  ($14/mth)  About the time I disappeared, Windstream (our ph co.)  decided that since our calling prefix has such a very small local calling area, the would no longer allow dial up companies to use their ph. lines.  (I don't understand it either so don't ask why)  So...I was FORCED into looking at Hughesnet again.  BUT...I was told that I could qualify for The Recovery Act: provides rural areas with highspeed internet.  This allows for free installation and reduced mthly pricing.  My two nieces, who live 1/2 mi down the road, qualified....but I didn't.  So...I waited...and prayed.  About 2 wks ago I received a flyer in the mail saying I MIGHT qualify.  I called...I qualified...and now I have Hughesnet.  God is good!  "Those who wait upon the Lord..."
All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men (and women) do nothing. Edmund Burke

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2011, 07:00:34 AM »
We did wonder where you went, and glad to see your alive and kicking.  ;)
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

If anyone has any issues, I can be reached at the number above, anytime.

Offline mike p

• Senior Contributor
  • adicted to the aroma of oak
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2011, 05:04:42 PM »
awww good to have you back SS
i been gone awhile my self, took a real job & it had me covered up for a month, but they closed down thursday.
so i been playing ketch up here at home & colecting fire wood, that i cut earlyer. most was cut last year.
Eagle's Nest Tree farm & Sawmill
BSA Scoutmaster Retired
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from
 too much government.
   Thomas Jefferson 1802
 No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.

Thomas Jefferson