alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: New Woodmizer  (Read 8027 times)

Offline Stevem

• Old Timers Club
New Woodmizer
« on: August 19, 2011, 09:36:36 AM »
Woodmizer adds to their line of saws.  The first one of these was sold to Goby Walnut in the Portland, Or area to cut slabs which is their main product.

http://www.woodmizer.com/us/IndustrialEquipment/Headrigs/WM1000Headrig.aspx

But it seems the idea of portability has gone out the window.  Looks like they are all electric powered from what I'm reading on their site.
Stevem
Because you can doesn't mean you should!

Offline LeFranck

• Major Contributor
Re: New Woodmizer
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 04:21:27 PM »
I knew about Wood-Mizer WM1000 back in February. The Norvegian distributer told me about it and that it was under production and not ready for sale.

If they produced the WM1000 with a carriage as an option it would be great. It would be the largest mobile band sawmill. I guess Serra got the largest so far with the model Africa SL 160.
Even the Serra Africa SL 160 got electric motors. It needs a generator producing 22 KW.

Resawing the slabs the WM1000 is producing will not be an easy nor a cheap task.
Frank Thoresen

Mobile Dimension Saw 128

Pictures: www.flickr.com/photos/focusbondo/

Offline Frank Pender - AKA "Tail Gunner"

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
    • www.TanglewoodTimber@aol.com
Re: New Woodmizer
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 11:40:54 PM »
Got a fella, just South of me, that got the parts from Gary and Linn Sawmill, here in the Willamette Valley.  He built a band mill that can cut 60" wide slabs.  In fact, I have several six inch slabs here right now that he sawed.  He did a beautifull job.  Very uniform.