alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Board Return  (Read 8834 times)

Offline Carl Middleton

• Senior Contributor
    • www.bktimbermill.com
Board Return
« on: April 05, 2012, 05:29:21 AM »
Installing the new board return on my lt 40 today. Milling in Alex Va. this Sat. We'll see if at makes things easyer. Any one else have the board return on their mill?

Offline HaroldCR - AKA Fla.-Deadheader

• Old Timers Club
Re: Board Return
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 08:45:35 AM »

We added one on our home built mill. It's only useful if sawing alone. We tried to never do that. It's currently bungied up out of the way.

We used several sets of rolls, to be able to shove lumber-slabs- cants-table slabs, out of the way, to different areas, as we sawed.

Never leave home without rolls. They are the 2 black "legs' attached directly under the engine.

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 05:57:52 PM »
I put one on mine years ago and it works great when your set up to stack lumber behind you as you cut. 
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline Carl Middleton

• Senior Contributor
    • www.bktimbermill.com
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 06:45:42 PM »
Yep. I'm thinking to park the bobcat behind with the pallet forks and and drag right on. I saw by my self most of the time anyway.