alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: In Need of a logging company or pulper??  (Read 7006 times)

Offline BigShotATL

• New Contributor
    • Atlanta Area Tree Service
In Need of a logging company or pulper??
« on: May 09, 2012, 11:57:31 AM »
I live in Atlanta, Ga and have a small tree service and I am looking to try to find out info of any logging companies or pulp wood companies that I can sell trees to? Any help would be much appreciated...
www.atlanta-area-tree-service.com

Offline Stevem

• Old Timers Club
Re: In Need of a logging company or pulper??
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 10:05:16 AM »
I'd think pulp people would have the same reluctance of taking "Yard" trees that the mills have and for the same reason.  Too much metal embedded in the wood can't be good on chipper blades.

You might search for mobile sawyers (guess that's why you're here).  They might buy some of the logs depending on the type of tree. Generally hardwood preferred.  Or if you're just trying to get rid of them they might take then off your hands at no charge.  Most of them (us) are low budget operations and always consider "free" as good or at least worth looking at. I've found that free generally means a lot of work.  That also would allow you to advertise that you recycle trees instead of turning them into firewood.   People like that idea.  Makes them feel good about being somewhat green.
Stevem
Because you can doesn't mean you should!