alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Another kiln build  (Read 12140 times)

Offline Carl Middleton

• Senior Contributor
    • www.bktimbermill.com
Another kiln build
« on: June 10, 2012, 09:03:12 AM »
Started sawing the lumber for another solar kiln this week. Making this one 8x13 for shorter lumber. Got the large kiln rented out the rest of this year. I've been using the small dh kiln in the garage to dry some ov my lumber. It works good just not big enough. Seems some of the other sawyers are sending their customers to me to dry their lumber. How's business with you guys?

Offline Frank Pender - AKA "Tail Gunner"

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
    • www.TanglewoodTimber@aol.com
Re: Another kiln build
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 07:54:48 AM »
Carl, I had to shut my kiln down for the first time in 19 years, two days before I went in for open heart surgery, to repair the micravalve (sp), April 27.   I just reloaded the kiln a week ago.  I am only behind about three months at this time.  As to sawing. I cannot do any of that sort of thing for at least another 4-6 weeks.  And, do I have the work building up in front of me.  I have been truning a lot of work to other folks in the imediate area.