alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Poll

Which is the better mill?

Why?
0 (0%)
Any other suggestions?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: EZ Boardwalk Jr. vs Woodland Mill HM126  (Read 18840 times)

Offline Eddiebo

• Contributor
EZ Boardwalk Jr. vs Woodland Mill HM126
« on: August 21, 2012, 02:57:44 PM »
 Looking at several small band sawmills , and have narrowed it down to these two for the money we can spend. Which is the better mill, and why. Any ideas on other mills to look at besides the top name brands. I haven't seen anything on board ft. production per hour on either mill.

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
Re: EZ Boardwalk Jr. vs Woodland Mill HM126
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 08:02:19 PM »
Dont know anything about Woodland but I believe Joasis has a buddy that is blind and uses a EZ Boardwalk.

Jay has talked about it with very positive feedback. 
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline Eddiebo

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 05:20:17 PM »
Well that's good enough for me !!!!!!! ;D As a disabled Marine vet, I would opt to keep it  here in the USA all the way

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 06:43:10 AM »
Thanks for you Service!  God Bless You! 
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline Eddiebo

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 02:46:12 PM »
Thank you sir ...

Offline Post Oakie

• Major Contributor
  • Wonder, the "Log Dog"
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 07:38:08 AM »
I've worked around the EZ Boardwalk & very impressed by it-- a very well thought-out machine.  Ed Zimmerman is a great guy.  I assume you're looking at the EZ Jr.?  It can handle a larger log (30"), and has a spring assist to raise and lower the head, which makes it a lot easier.  A couple of things to think about... what size logs do you plan to work with?  Is one machine easier for you to use than the other?  Will you be producing lumber to sell?  Can the track be extended to cut longer logs?  If a larger engine option is available, I recommend it.  12 to 15 h.p. is good on a machine with a 26" or 30" cutting capacity.  If the mill will be moved, take a look at the portability of it.  Might also take a look at the Norwood portable sawmill.  Thank you for your service.
Nothin' to it... nothin' to it, at all.  All a feller needs is a little brain and enough muscle to hold it off the ground.
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch