alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Pole saw  (Read 8411 times)

Offline Woodwalker

• Contributor
Pole saw
« on: October 01, 2012, 01:06:42 PM »
I've been trying to get all the limbs trimmed around the house and hay fields for several years and in a couple of different ways. First one involved a attachment on the front end loader on a tractor that used a free swinging bucket and a collage boy. I drove and he cut. Worked well for me, but he went and got a real job. So, I went and bought one of these http://www.stihlusa.com/products/pole-pruners/professional-pole-pruners/ht101/. Which will cut a lot more limbs than an old out of shape operator can handle. 

Offline mike p

• Senior Contributor
  • adicted to the aroma of oak
Re: Pole saw
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 08:07:25 PM »
i got an electric one. run it off my generatior
put generatior in back hoe loader bucket with me standing in bucket holding pole saw , wife running the back hoe. bucket goes 10' stand 6' holding pole saw with 12' pole
still need another 3 '
allways wanting a little more haha
Eagle's Nest Tree farm & Sawmill
BSA Scoutmaster Retired
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from
 too much government.
   Thomas Jefferson 1802
 No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline HaroldCR - AKA Fla.-Deadheader

• Old Timers Club
Re: Pole saw
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 07:28:12 AM »

Mike, when you get caught up, bring that thing down here. I got 750+ trees that all need limbing.  :o ;D