alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Open Source CNC Router for rough cut wood slabs  (Read 17461 times)

Offline naturereborn

• New Contributor
Open Source CNC Router for rough cut wood slabs
« on: October 17, 2012, 01:34:42 PM »
I am attempting to build a 8'x4' CNC router specifically designed for rough cut wood slabs.  I have launched the project on kickstarter.com.  Any feedback, positive and negative is welcome and needed.  Support is always welcome!

Here is the link:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1151413310/nature-reborn-open-source-cnc-router-for-rough-woo

Thanks

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
Re: Open Source CNC Router for rough cut wood slabs
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 09:08:49 PM »
Video takes WAY to long to download. 

Pics look great of the slabs but not enough information without being able to download the video.  Might be a problem on my end but I know other videos download no problem. 
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline Woodwalker

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 09:35:51 PM »
 Feed back, neat project, but the solicitation of funds turns me off. Then, what do I know...........

Offline Frank Pender - AKA "Tail Gunner"

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
    • www.TanglewoodTimber@aol.com
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 10:16:07 PM »
Picture is way too dark and unable to see well, what is going on in film.  I too feel somewhat like Woodwalker. ???

Offline Stevem

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 10:59:54 PM »
Welcome to our little world.  Nice to see another Lucas owner.  Does yours have electric motor so it can run inside?  Neat idea and made me think about doing some such with my slabs.

A quick search of the web came up with this link:  http://www.cncrouterparts.com/

You may well be reinventing the wheel based on a quick scan of the above site.  The "open source" might be the only change your looking for but if you had the router the computer interface should be text book.

And yes, the first (or even second) post to a forum probably shouldn't be asking for money or selling an investment.   ::) ::) Just saying.  

P.S.

Just read that ShopBot  went open source

« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 12:03:49 AM by Stevem »
Stevem
Because you can doesn't mean you should!