alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: How much is a tree worth?  (Read 9191 times)

Offline bowens

• New Contributor
How much is a tree worth?
« on: January 03, 2013, 04:44:13 PM »
Ok, here's the deal. I cut a tree that ended up being about 1 foot off of my property. Not a big tree, about 7 inches at ground level. I was clearing out a spot for my chicken coop. My neighbor didn't seem to mind, since it was only one small tree, and so close to my property line. But, now, he tries to hold it over my head to try to win disputes saying things like, "You know, I didn't make a big deal about the tree..." (He whines about everything, from barking dogs to me trimming trees and bushes on my land that "make his house visible from the road") So, I want to clear this and pay him for the tree. Well, pay his girlfriend since it's not his land. I'll be the first to admit when I screw up and try to make it right. It was a soft wood, some sort of pine. I burned the tree, so I don't know what it is for sure. So, how much am I looking at? Like I said, it was about 7 inches right at ground level. Thanks for any help!

Offline Carl Middleton

• Senior Contributor
    • www.bktimbermill.com
Re: How much is a tree worth?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 06:41:51 PM »
I wouldn't give him a dime. Go out and buy a little pine tree and re plant next to the one cut down. Then say there ya go all better now quite your crying.

Online Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 11:28:22 PM »
I wouldn't give him a dime. Go out and buy a little pine tree and re plant next to the one cut down. Then say there ya go all better now quite your crying.

AMEN!
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline SDB777

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 11:29:45 AM »
Just to compare....

Central Maine Power was cutting trees to run a powerline into a new build.  They cut from the wrong pole to the new house, fella got upset.  They planted two tress for every one they cut and told him "Fixed!"

I'm pretty sure you could grab a few pines from the side of the road and stick them in the ground and do the same.  Pine ain't worth more then that...

Scott (he needs some baitch slappin') B
Just got my website up/running:    www.slabsblanksandboards.com
Where I get 95% of my chainsaw needs:    www.pinnaclearboristsupplies.com/

Offline Stevem

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 01:45:41 AM »
Cut the wrong tree in a forestry sale and pay double or triple stumpage (sale price). 
Stevem
Because you can doesn't mean you should!

Offline HaroldCR - AKA Fla.-Deadheader

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, 02:22:57 PM »

Cut the wrong tree in a forestry sale and pay double or triple stumpage (sale price)
YES, BUT, a 7" dia tree has no real value, and, he won't be paying for future growth. Value at the time of cutting. Plant a tree or 2 as said above. Be sure they are watered regular enough to survive.

World is full of a$$holes. Some people have more than 1.  ::) ;D