alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: New Guy in BC  (Read 8741 times)

Offline Albc

• New Contributor
New Guy in BC
« on: June 18, 2014, 12:53:39 AM »
Hello everyone. Just joining up. I used to be a member of another sawmill site that shut down. I was coasting until now. A short while ago I found this site. Can't believe that I haven't found it before. Anyway, I built my own band mill. It is tore down right now, so no sawdust. I am reworking the raise/lower. It is a 4 post mill and I am converting the old square tube slides to rollers. Lessen the co efficient of friction! Look forward to chatting. I have tons of questions to ask!! Thanks for having me. Al.
We may not be able to change where we came from, but we can change where we go from here!

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
Re: New Guy in BC
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 08:49:36 PM »
Welcome aboard!  Where in BC are you located?

Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline Albc

• New Contributor
Re: New Guy in BC
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 11:54:32 PM »
I am about an hour outside Kamloops, near Barriere. I was just mentioning to my wife the other day how nice it would be to my grandfather's old circular mill here to work with. It is in Ontario, just too damn far to haul a big old mill. I have lots of access to wood here. Just need to get my band mill back up and running. Had to put a new shed up, and ended up slabbing off some spruce with the Alaskan mill. Whew. Forgot how slow that was. Thanks for the heads up. Talk soon.
We may not be able to change where we came from, but we can change where we go from here!