alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Hello!....again!  (Read 12843 times)

Offline Aunt B

• Contributor
Hello!....again!
« on: December 30, 2014, 09:35:56 AM »
Hey y'all!
I've not been in here for......too long.  :-[  And if you were happy about my absence, you have Howard to thank for calling me back in. LOL Howard contacted me and I decided to come visit. I've already bookmarked the place so I won't get lost again.

For those of you who might actually remember me, my husband isn't milling enough to say he doing so, but he went back to work in the logging woods. I'm no longer working at the store: the natives (children) were starting to take over around here. Plus...I'm a wife and mom first. I really needed to put that priority first.

For those of you who don't have a clue as to who I am and who are new to this forum, I wanna tell ya somethin'....you won't find a better bunch of people than right here. When I found this forum, my husband was telling everyone he knew that he was about to buy a sharpener and setter so that...>I<...could resharp for him.  :o  I couldn't even keep my own pocket knife sharp....and what the heck was a "Setter", anyhow? In one day, I found a used Sharpener and Setter and this forum, where Howard and several others very patiently started teaching me what this equipment was, what it did, what I needed to do, etc. I was sharpening blades, half way decent, I might add, within 24 hours. In fact, when I went to buy and pickup the Sharpener and Setter, the guy turned the Sharpener on and I instantly knew what was going on because the guys had told me so much information. I just now had visuals to make all the dots they gave me connect!

I ramble on about all that to say this: if you have a question or problem, this is the place you need to be because these guys KNOW their business! AND...they have great big hearts, to boot. (but keep that part quiet...I'm not sure they want that last part to get around.  ;) )

It's good to be back! Now...I'm gonna go see what all y'all have been up to!
There is no try. There is do and do not.

Offline furu

• Senior Contributor
Re: Hello!....again!
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 11:06:44 AM »
Welcome back to the forum.  Don't stay away for so long again. 
I am new since you were last on so I went back and took a look at your previous posts. 
Wow blade sharpening for your husband. 
Now I have an idea for my wife. ;D 
She will not forgive you. >:D
She does help me plant seedlings during planting season so I might be pushing it if I ask for her to sharpen blades. :-\

Anyway welcome back and don't hold back.  Members can keep this site a great place to be and attract other like minded folks as it is so friendly.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing when no one is looking.
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one else will ever even know.

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 04:38:32 PM »
Welcome back!  Great to see things are going well and I support your priority decision! 
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline HaroldCR - AKA Fla.-Deadheader

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 09:13:37 PM »

Who is Howard ? ???

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 06:51:05 AM »
Welcome back!
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

If anyone has any issues, I can be reached at the number above, anytime.

Offline Aunt B

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2015, 05:38:22 AM »
LOL ....HAROLD! Sorry...Senior moment. Furu....tell the wife I send my apologies for bringing it up. Actually...if ya wanna get technical, it's husband's fault. HE decided I was going to sharpen. But...he's since gone back to the logging woods, driving skidder for someone else,  and my sharpening days are few and far between. I popped in this time to ask a question, which I will post somewhere else.
There is no try. There is do and do not.

Offline backwoods sawyer

• Major Contributor
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2015, 01:53:37 AM »
sawmillsquaw good to see you back, I always give two thumbs up to any woman that works in and around sawmills.

When I met Little Jo I started her off on the control panel sawing on day one, she is a good sawyer, she looked at me that same way when I told her I was going to put her to sharpening saws as well ;D But quite frankly the main reason I put her to sharpening saws is she has the participants and attention to detail to do a good job sharpen saws  ;)

We schedule saw sharpening and maintenance for the same days and have been on the road for awhile so I scheduled two weeks for maintenance/saw sharpening ect. seven days into it we have taken one maintenance day and put in six days of making sawdust.

The stack of saws in front of the sharpener says we need a saw sharpening day or two REAL SOON!!!